Desktop Context Menu

Hi,

I want to automate Nvidias NView tool. It is called via the desktop context menu. Unfortunately the context menu changes, so the coordinates of the entry I need to click are not always valid. To make things worse, clicking this entry only folds out a submenu with one single entry (the current display device), and I have to click this entry to call up the tool. Can anyone help me with this? How do I get the ID or Class name of these entries, and what window title do I use? The window info tool does not help here...

Alternately, I could directly start the tool from the command line if I could only figure out how to do this. It seems to be a dll, not an exe, since the task manager shows rundll32 as the process name for this application. but calling "rundll32 nview.dll" on the command line does nothing. So I obviously miss something, perhaps a parameter. How can I find out which command this context menu entry executes, or which command startet the process I see in the taskmanager?

Ok, this is quite some request I guess. I can only hope someone here can help me automate this son of a ..... :think:

Hmm, for some reason I can't get this to work.

I want to set the dualview mode to clone with the TVout as the primary display. But nothing happens when I try the examples given in the pdf. What does work are the two launch commands, but so far none of the commands that manipulate the display settings seem to work. Can you give me a hint what I might miss?

Hmm, for some reason I can't get this to work.

I want to set the dualview mode to clone with the TVout as the primary display. But nothing happens when I try the examples given in the pdf. What does work are the two launch commands, but so far none of the commands that manipulate the display settings seem to work. Can you give me a hint what I might miss?

Can you post the code that you are having problems with so we can perform a post-mortem on it?

I fear that it isn't a problem with my code but with my graphics driver. This Medion PC has a custom build graphics card, and it may well be that the special driver that came with it doesn't completely work as expected. I've read in another forum that the current official Nvidia driver now supports this card, so I'll try updating to this driver.

I fear that it isn't a problem with my code but with my graphics driver. This Medion PC has a custom build graphics card, and it may well be that the special driver that came with it doesn't completely work as expected. I've read in another forum that the current official Nvidia driver now supports this card, so I'll try updating to this driver.

You're making it very hard - what model graphics card, what version driver software, what model Medion PC, etc? Where is your problem code?

You want us to help or just sympathise? :think:

Sorry, my last post was just a "status upddate". I have now installed the latest driver and now the command line options work like a charm. So the case can be closed for now.

My code is now quite simple:

Do
    WinWaitActive ("PowerCinema")
    If MsgBox (36, "TVOut", "Soll TVOut aktiviert werden?", 5) = 7 Then
        WinWaitClose ("PowerCinema")
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf
    WinClose ("PowerCinema")
    Sleep (1000)

Run ("rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setview 1 clone")

Run ("C:\Programme\Home Cinema\PowerCinema\PowerCinema.exe")

WinWaitActive ("PowerCinema")
    WinWaitClose ("PowerCinema")
    Sleep (1000)

Run ("rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setview 1 normal")

Until 1=0

Thank you all for your help! Now I'll go on to more complex tasks, I just love AutoIt!

dev_null