Scripting Zonealarm

Hi,

Has anyone tried scripting Zonealarm? Specifically shutting the f***er down. ProcessClose doesn't work. Neither do MouseClick or Send. Taskkill doesn't work either. Is this a security feature of ZoneAlarm or am I doing something wrong?

currently, this doesn't work

; Show ZoneAlarm

WinSetState ("ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

WinActivate ("ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering")

WinWaitActive ("ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering")

Sleep (1000)

; Show system menu of window

Send ("{ALTDOWN}")

Send ("{SPACE}")

Send ("{ALTUP}")

Zonealarm doesn't respond to the above Send's at all.

Thanks in advance,

niche99

:D

Was hoping for a more helpful reply.

Since the operating system can shutdown the True Vector Internet Monitor Service and zlclient.exe when I shutdown my computer, it follows that there must be a way to kill zlclient.exe and the True Vector Internet Monitor Service.

I only ask because someone may know a way to emulate this functionality of the operating system.

niche99

; Show system menu of window

Send ("{ALTDOWN}")

Send ("{SPACE}")

Send ("{ALTUP}")

Zonealarm doesn't respond to the above Send's at all.

if I had zone alarm, I might be able to be more helpful...

what about mouseclicks? from what I remember from last I used it, the interface was fairly unchanging, so if you restore it to a certain size, shouldn't you be able to send clicks to tell it to shutdown?

I'm guessing window spy doesn't show any controls? :D

just a few random thoughts...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

if I had zone alarm, I might be able to be more helpful...

free download trial version, don't be lazy. JK.

you can rightclick the tray icon, but finding the right icon will be one of those pixel search type deals. After you find it, it will be easy.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

hmmm. yes, and if I were being paid to figure out how to close someone else's firewall app, I'd do that... but since I'm being paid to ... whoops, not being paid to read forums either.... :D right, back to work for me.

Yea, just playing. If only on one computer, finding the spot to rightclick the mouse on the taskbar and bring up the exit shouldn't be too hard with pixelsearch. If I remember you can rightclick the icon and choose exit, and then simply click the button on the confirmation box that pops up.

Yea, I am too lazy to download it as well. :D

Hi,

Thank you for the ideas, don't know what pixelsearch is but I will try to find out more about it. I will also try to find out if there is an associated hidden window. I will let you know what I find out.

Once again, thanks for your (not Valik's) help and useful replies,

niche99

Uhh, forgive me for not wanting to see scripts floating about that can shut down firewalls. I'm surprised you're getting as much help as you are given what you are trying to do.

Edit: And, I'm doing exactly what your first post asked. You only asked if ZoneAlarm was protecting itself or if you were doing something I wrong. I answered that question with yes, it is protecting itself. So if answering the question you asked isn't hepful, then I suggest you learn the definition of helpful.

Edited by Valik

Uhh, forgive me for not wanting to see scripts floating about that can shut down firewalls.  I'm surprised you're getting as much help as you are given what you are trying to do.

Edit: And, I'm doing exactly what your first post asked.  You only asked if ZoneAlarm was protecting itself or if you were doing something I wrong.  I answered that question with yes, it is protecting itself.  So if answering the question you asked isn't hepful, then I suggest you learn the definition of helpful.

the same sort of thougths crossed my mind, but I can also think of enough times I've wanted to quickly and easily disable my firewall...

I mean, how stupid would someone be to ask for tips on breaking the law on public forums? places the FBI might very well be watching, you know, under the patriot act, where they get to do whatever they want as long as they say "patriot" and "terror" in the same paragraph?

anywho...

Edit: Valik, just read your edit, very well said, I really think people aught to work on how they ask questions...

Edited by emmanuel

Just FYI on your problem, ZoneAlarm will not only disable you from a simple winkill, or processkill, but will also disable any mouse movements or mouseclicks while it's window is active.

This won't help you script turning off the firewall, but will pull up the window fast so you can rightclick it yourself.

winsetstate("Zone","",@SW_SHOW)

if you try to move the mouse or click it with autoit, it will do nothing. Kinda cool how they did it. :D

I will leave it at that.

Hey let me get my phylosophical 2 cents in on this...

I agree, the only dumb question is one that goes unasked, right? I'm all for people asking questions, and I like how their questions might get my brain moving when stuck on something myself.

thanks for getting me thinking again Larry...

Someone just told me "Experts aern't the people that know alot, but the people that share what they know and help others with that knowledge." I think that's something to aspire to, and I'd say you're a roll model there. (damn, now I have to go shave my head and bleach my eyebrows...)

hmm... that shirt could sure use some improvements... how about the word being large across the chest with the large A that's the icon on it's back?

hmm...  that shirt could sure use some improvements...  how about the word being large across the chest with the large A that's the icon on it's back?

I think we need to import Larry's Avatar onto the shirt :D

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?