Send Function

Hi,

I have been working on this alot but I couldn't figure anyways to do it,

The problem is that I am trying to send keys to a window that is not seen by AutoIt (Remote Desktop),

This works well with Send("") function,

But I need to send these keys even if the windows is minimized or another window is active,

Something like ControlSend but in this case the window is known but the ControlID is not accessible and so nothing is sent.

I mean I don't care about the control, Can AutoIt in anyways send Keys to a specific window?

• Moderators

Hi,

I have been working on this alot but I couldn't figure anyways to do it,

The problem is that I am trying to send keys to a window that is not seen by AutoIt (Remote Desktop),

This works well with Send("") function,

But I need to send these keys even if the windows is minimized or another window is active,

Something like ControlSend but in this case the window is known but the ControlID is not accessible and so nothing is sent.

I mean I don't care about the control, Can AutoIt in anyways send Keys to a specific window?

I've been able to do ControlSend('Window Name', '', '', 'Text') before with moderate success.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.