Question..

There's ControlSend, is there away to Send a MouseClick like Control send? So you don't have to have the window upfront..

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

MouseClick("left", $pos[0] + 3 + 310, $pos[1] + 22 + 163, 1, 0)

How would I have ControlClick do that?

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

MouseClick("left", $pos[0] + 3 + 310, $pos[1] + 22 + 163, 1, 0)

How would I have ControlClick do that?

As far as I know ControlClick needs a controlID to function. If what you are clicking on doesn't have a controlID the control commands won't be able to send to it at all. I don't suppose your program has a controlID?
"I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. " - Blaise Pascal

It has a control Id. I just need to figure out how to have ControlClick

"left", $pos[0] + 3 + 310, $pos[1] + 22 + 163, 1, 0

I can't set it up right... If someone could Set a Control Click up to do whats above for me that would be great. The control id I can handle.

It has a control Id. I just need to figure out how to have ControlClick

"left", $pos[0] + 3 + 310, $pos[1] + 22 + 163, 1, 0

I can't set it up right... If someone could Set a Control Click up to do whats above for me that would be great. The control id I can handle.

suggest you look up controlclick, and you'll see you don't need pos and left (default)

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button][, clicks]] )

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

You do in my case...

$pos = WinGetPos("Macro")

Would someone be so kind as to just set it up for me.. I've been trying for a hour.. Im just stumpted on this part.

Would someone be so kind as to just set it up for me.. I've been trying for a hour.. Im just stumpted on this part.

Fill in the 3 params and test it.

ControlClick("Title of window", "Text of window", "Control ID")

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Could you help me and fill it out. I've been trying all morning!

I could fill in the blanks for you if you want, though perhaps your issue is more about what a controlID is.

Tell us the variables we need to know.

What is the Window Name

What is the Text you are using as an ID if any.

And what is the ControlID?

$pos = WinGetPos("Macro") <---- That is NOT a control ID.

For example when I look at the clock for windows the information I would need is..

Control ID: 709

ClassNameNN: msctls_updown322

That is what you are looking for for your program.

"I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. " - Blaise Pascal

Could you help me and fill it out. I've been trying all morning!

1. you didn't give the window title

2. you didn't give the window text

3. you didn't give the control id

therefore i couldn't fill it out for you, if you have those, it shouldn't be too hard to fill in

just for get about the mouseclick params, they don't fit into the controlclick params.

ControlSend("Macro", "", "", "d1",0)
ControlSend("Macro", "", "", "d1",0)

You know what this does right? It goes to the program Titled macro and send the d1 to whatever control it finds first. ControlSend does need to send to a control, you just left it blank.

If you want to controlClick you can do the same thing, it will just click whatever it finds first. If you can not identify the control you are using you can not be sure you are clicking the correct control. No one can fill in the blanks for you. You need to know what the ControlID is for the control you want to send to. If you send a click to a blank control I suppose the program will just click "wherever". That is why you need a controlID.

I know. theres no control Id for the program. I already talked about this in another thread. Will someone just setup a Control click for me..

I know. theres no control Id for the program. I already talked about this in another thread. Will someone just setup a Control click for me..

Ok, one of us really doesn't understand. How can I setup a control click without control information.

Well if that's what you want I will set up a control click for you.

ControlClick ("","","","right",100)

:think:

Edited by NightGaunt

• Moderators

Ok, one of us really doesn't understand. How can I setup a control click without a control ID?

:think:

With the ClassNameNN

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

With the ClassNameNN

actually I had that in the first post, I will edit my post to say without Control Information to be more open ended.

• Moderators

actually I had that in the first post, I will edit my post to say without Control Information to be more open ended.

Yeah, I just read that.

@Sardith... My suggestion is to post a screen shot or all the text in your AutoInfo tool.

Your asking someone to do something for you that you've been trying an hour on, with all the information and the window/application, and we/they don't have the luxury of that information, that's pretty... well silly to be honest.

If you want help, then give the appropriate information to help you, otherwise, I'd suggest trying to figure it out on your own.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

With the ClassNameNN

Hmm... Then again.

It says ControlID in auto-it and makes reference to four different controls so...

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button] [, clicks]] )

in this context ControlID = Control ID, ClassNameNN, Text ,Control Handle (HWND) (Not available in AutoIt Window Info Tool - see below) right?

It's not my fault AutoIt Help makes reference to ControlID and Control ID as two seperate entities. Easy mistake. But ClassNameNN is part of ControlID but not Control ID so I would have been fine minus the space.

*For the humor impaired this post is kind of joking, avoid taking offense if possible*

Edited by NightGaunt

Hate to break it to you. but here's a ss for you all non-believers. I just wanted to send a mouse click to the window so I can do other things while I wait..

Posted Image

• Moderators

Hate to break it to you. but here's a ss for you all non-believers. I just wanted to send a mouse click to the window so I can do other things while I wait..

You're not breaking anything to us... I hate to break it to you... You can't use Control Options on something that isn't a Control! Look for _MouseClickPlus() is my suggestion.

Edit:

I should reitterate:

Some 'Non-Standard' windows cannot be read/acted in with the Control Options.

Edited by SmOke_N