Ini Read Fails

Hello,

I have made a program that reads lots of things out an ini file. If I just start the program by going to the directory where it is placed, it starts and the ini is doing his work. But now my problem, I have made a setup program using innosetup. But if I now go to the start menu folder that the installer has created, it doesn't read it. Even my desktop shortcut will not be able to read the ini file and display the info correctly. What's wrong?

Kind Regards,

PcExpert

Edited by PcExpert

• Developers

Hello,

I have made a program that reads lots of things out an ini file. If I just start the program by going to the directory where it is placed, it starts and the ini is doing his work. But now my problem, I have made a setup program using innosetup. But if I now go to the start menu folder that the installer has created, it doesn't read it. Even my desktop shortcut will not be able to read the ini file and display the info correctly. What's wrong?

Kind Regards,

PcExpert

i would say the working directory is not correct... but a script example would help..

Use a full path to the ini file....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

My script completely works. When you'll start it by clicking on the desktopshortcut or via the startmenu folder it doesn't work anymore. So it only works if you'll run it by clicking on the exe.

yes... thats what you said before... did you do anything with the comments made ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)