No .exe Extension In Systray

Hi everybody, is there any way to have the system tray display only the script name without the extension when one moves the mouse over the autoit script icon in the system tray? e.g if i have a compiled script "test.exe", then i should see "test" in the systray, like with other programs, and not "test.exe", is this possible? thnx

Hi everybody, is there any way to have the system tray display only the script name without the extension when one moves the mouse over the autoit script icon in the system tray? e.g if i have a compiled script "test.exe", then i should see "test" in the systray, like with other programs, and not "test.exe", is this possible? thnx

Hi,

try this at beginning of your script.

TraySetToolTip(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4))

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

From help file:

Displays a balloon tip from the AutoIt Icon. (2000/XP only)

TrayTip ( "title", "text", timeout [, option])

Parameters

title Text appears in bold at the top of the balloon tip. (63 characters maximum)

text Message the balloon tip will display. (255 characters maximum)

timeout A rough estimate of the time the balloon tip should be displayed. (Windows has a min and max of about 10-30 seconds but does not always honor a time in that range.)

option [optional] See Remarks. 0=No icon (default), 1=Info icon, 2=Warning icon, 3=Error icon

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

@MadBoy, thanx too, traytip from helpfile that you suggested did not solve the problem. The extension still showed, but Mega's just did what I wanted. Thanks for the quick response. NM

HI,

glad that I could help. Yeah, this is really an awesome forum. Beware of becoming addicted! :think:

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times