Context Options

Script Templates

New Folders

CyberSlug's - GuiBuilder (update)

SEE ALSO

Volly's Links

A place that links to many useful Scripts & Scraps

This Post

Want help choosing or testing colors, selecting icons or just testing dialogs, then these helper programs, could be just what you need?

RGBColor Selector (Win98/ME button icon fixed - added 25th April) (previous downloads: 260 + 248)

Msgbox Viewer (previous downloads: 286)

and an updated version of the Icon Browser that is installed with AutoIt, as created by Lazycat, but with my changes/additions. Latest details to these files, can be found in my latest post below.

Icon Browser (previous downloads: 208 + 168)

(Win98/ME issue fixed - added 25th April)(Drag & Drop re-instated - 28th April)(3 little bugs corrected - 2nd May)

(installer, icons, and an OS excel chart)

(now smaller, no longer compiled by a beta)

Time Calculator (previous downloads: 268) (As always, see my latest post for details)

These are programming aids that I find very handy - as I'm sure others will also. Please report any bugs, problems or general comments to the forum or to me at - thsaint@ihug.com.au

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Nice thanks for sharing... :think:

In latest beta version of AutoIt there are some errors:

1) RGBColor_Selector and MsgBoxViewer: this line is obsolete and must be commented/deleted

If Not IsDeclared('WS_CLIPSIBLINGS') Then Global $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS = 0x04000000

2) IconViewer: there are several "_" chars at end of line without char " " (space) before them

Nice thanks for sharing... :think:

In latest beta version of AutoIt there are some errors:

1) RGBColor_Selector and MsgBoxViewer: this line is obsolete and must be commented/deleted

If Not IsDeclared('WS_CLIPSIBLINGS') Then Global $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS = 0x04000000

2) IconViewer: there are several "_" chars at end of line without char " " (space) before them

Thanks Zedna, I'm still using the last non beta for most of my programs, and I won't release any programs using the betas, unless I feel I really have to. I have a context menu selection for beta or normal AutoIt (both run and compile), so versions are not an issue with me ... I suggest that maybe you do the same, as beta changes can break quite a few programs ... once they are compiled though, it's not an issue. Both the progs you mention, work fine for me (fair while now), even though I did update the RGB recently. I'll update them after the next non-beta is released.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

@zedna press continue anyway and it works,

@saint nice work for the color selector, but the icon selector is there already?

Thanks Busti,

The icon selector program, while essentially the same on first appearance, has some significant changes under the hood. It is optimised for different versions of Windows, it has several pre-selections in both Radio button selection and in the Combo ... all to save time, typing or browsing.

Spoiler

userbar.png

pretty cool

there was errors with the linebreak in icon browser should be a space like 1 _ instead of 1_

Thanks slightly_abnormal,

I do not have a problem with the error you mention, please read the comments to Zedna, as maybe this is a beta thing?

Spoiler

userbar.png

Nice job on these scripts.

I really like that RGB Color selector, looks cool.

But you can also do:

#Include <Misc.au3>

$Color = _Choosecolor()
Msgbox(0,'',hex($Color))

:think:

Thanks NegativeNrG,

I haven't seen that command yet, so I guess it is a beta one ... thanks for mentioning it, though until I look at how I'd use it, it may not be necessary to update the program with it. Unless that command opens the windows Color Picker, which you could use instead of my program ... but then you wouldn't have the options of mine, would you ... lots of little color squares are hard on the eye & mouse skills. I prefer my groupings and custom testing method to - especially when using pixie, but I can see a use for other approaches. I guess that I could add a button on mine to use _Choosecolor() as well ... thanks for the tip!

Spoiler

userbar.png

I would use your color picker instead of the windows, if i get to know how to use it properly :think:

Once again thanks NegativeNrG, if you cannot understand something that is mentioned in the help dialogs, or something I didn't think of is missing, don't hesitate to ask me.

I've just updated some of the programs & links mentioned in the first post (above).

Basically I discovered an icon error for the RGBColor Selector program, when being used in 98/ME, which I don't use much anymore - but glad on this occasion that I did, because I discovered the error, before anyone reported it.

The bug in the Icon Browser program, was again only in the 98/ME environment, but of a more serious nature, this too has been fixed (and added above). Radio button & path issue, etc.

I forgot to add, that the Icon Browser program, also has a right-click context menu SendTo option, which works a treat on any file you want to check for icons - the installer version sets this up, but it is easy to do for the other version to - just create a shortcut in your windows SendTo folder.

Another issue with the Icon Browser program, that Lazycat has brought to my attention, is that the drag and drop feature it came with originally, seems to be broken ... when time permits, I will look into this - though that is not a feature I tend to use myself ... I find SendTo more intuitive.

I have another program that I use all the time, but which I hesitate to add here?

It is a 'Projects Backup' program, that I created back in June 2005, which I find indespensable. The problem is, though I last updated it in September, it still needs lots of work to make it perfect.I know it's faults, and quite easily work my way round them - it saves me an immense amount of trouble and time. I hesitate to add it, especially for issues that might upset newbies, but also because of the way it got updated each time - as new ideas came along, and as I found better methods, and my general programming improved. It is a little clunky and messy, with I think redundant sections of code - it badly needs a rewrite, and version incrementation needs improving. The problem with updating it, is that it is already effective in what it does, and so I always put it off in preference to newer projects ... however the urge is getting stronger. If anyone feels a real strong desire to get this program, then if I get enough requests, I will upload it ... just be aware of it's nature - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! It is also reliant on one of the betas available at that time - non-compiled of course.

A rough synopsis of what the program does, is -

1) only works on right-click folder SendTo - though you can modify some settings if you just run it.

2) it stores last version updates for all projects, you have backed up - but also looks at folder names.

3) you can do some renaming to existing backups.

4) Beta numbers are automatically incremented, but full version and points need to be done manually from within the program.

5) You can increment, overwrite or replace backups.

6) Each project can be backed up to it's own location - though mine are all in sub-folders in the one main location.

7) Each backup goes to it's own incremetal folder name folder.

8) There is no checking to see if any or all files are the same, so whether a project needs backing up or not, is dependant on your memory - I've rarely had an issue with this, as I backup or overwrite at the end of every session.

9) There is a combo list of all projects.

10) Occasionally I have to edit the ini file, if I want to change something the program can't, or to just get around it's current limits.

11) There is no auto-backup. This is because it is not a general backup program, it is purely for those into programming or creating many versions of the same thing.

12) It does not work with dates or times ... though this may be added later.

13) An option allows opening the destination folder after backup, this is for visual or editing needs.

14) etc.

Basically I use this program to regularly backup all my AutoIt projects.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

I had the time, to check on why drag & drop were not working (as originally programmed by Lazycat). Basically it was because I changed an 'Edit' box to a 'Combo', and that feature is apparently not supported by combos - I couldn't figure how to get it to work with one anyway (admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time finding out why not). I decided that a work-a-round was called for, and added an 'Input' box to the top edge of the 'Group' frame (to the right of the Next button). I made the 'Input' readonly and added some telltale text, to make it look better. The compiled version did not work for me at first, until I discovered that I was compiling with a beta (not the latest one).

Using the last non-beta as the compiler means this feature works, using a beta compiler will probably mean it won't, so don't complain to me about it - just use my compiled version, etc.

Drag & drop a file on to the text that reads - [ Drag & Drop Here].

This may not be seen as the neatest work-a-round, but until we get drag & drop support features (which may already be in the latest beta) for Combo's, it will have to do. The beta I used did some strange things.

I've finally started reworking my 'Projects Backup' program (for those that are interested to know).

For those that are interested, the original version also has a run silent mode - where no dialogs are shown, and it just did the backup with the last settings used ... not a mode that I liked to use, but that was how it worked originally, until I added the GUI element.

Spoiler

userbar.png

C:\files\auscripts\icon browsser.au3(48,60) : ERROR: syntax error
GUICreate("Icon Browser", 385, 485, @DesktopWidth/2 - 192,_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\files\auscripts\icon browsser.au3(80,74) : ERROR: syntax error
        $ahIcons[$iCurIndex] = GUICtrlCreateIcon($sFilename, $iCurIndex,_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\files\auscripts\icon browsser.au3(82,64) : ERROR: syntax error
        $ahLabels[$iCurIndex] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($iCurIndex,_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\terry\Desktop\icon browsser.au3 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

these are the errors i was getting.. i have more of a reason to believe the errors are just related to scite.. old definitions... because it works fine when i press continue

• Moderators

C:\Documents and Settings\terry\Desktop\icon browsser.au3 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

these are the errors i was getting.. i have more of a reason to believe the errors are just related to scite.. old definitions... because it works fine when i press continue

You're syntax is incorrect, so it's not SciTe definitions. You should have a space before the underscore as it is pointing to.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks for your continued interest - slightly_abnormal & thanks to SmOke N

And yes they are errors, that somehow slipped thru ... I don't compile while in Scite, but I would have thought that 'Compiling with Options' would have picked them up - it usually does. I don't know how they slipped in, as I'm usually pretty careful about that sort of thing. However when you add to someone else's code, all sorts of 'out of character' elements can creep in. I tend to lay out my code differently, than how it was done in this program, and for me that means errors tend to occur more easily - but hey each to their own. Neither of those 3 errors seem to have any impact on the program anyway, and I use it regularly. I've already corrected them, and will upload shortly.

Thanks for responding, and also thanks to AutoItKing .... ENJOY!

Spoiler

userbar.png

Have now added another program, that I had an urgent need for, and have just created.

Time Calculator v1.5

A simple program for calculating time's. It will Add or Minus manually typed or clipboard entries. You can display them as hours, minutes, seconds or convert milliseconds. You can Import & Export all formats to & from the clipboard. The current session is saved for recalling or auto-wipe it on exit. Several different types of textual importing, with or without colons. You can scroll a list of all entries, and delete any selected. Special support has been added for duplicate time entries. Now includes Division & Multiplication.

See first post for download!

ENJOY!

Please remember that feedback is always appreciated!

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 year later...

Just a note to say that Admin File Management has been added to the cannon!

:)

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 year later...

The latest version of the Msgbox Viewer program can now be downloaded from TheSaint's Toolbox post ... along with many of my other programs.

:)

Spoiler

userbar.png

The latest version of the Icon Browser program can now be downloaded from TheSaint's Toolbox post ... along with many of my other programs.

:P

Spoiler

userbar.png