Find Cdtray Status (open)

How can i find out if the cd tray is open(except from looking :think: )

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

;===============================================================================
; Description:  Open, Close, and Toggle CD Door
; Usage       _OpenCDDoor(DriveName)
;               _CloseCDDoor(DriveName)
;               _ToggleCDDoor(DriveName)
; Author(s):    Ward
;===============================================================================

Func _MCISendString($Str)
    DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "mciSendString", "str", $str, "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", 0)
EndFunc

Func _OpenCDDoor($Drive)
    _MCISendString("Open " & $Drive & " Alias Drive" & $Drive & " Type CDAudio")
    _MCISendString("Set Drive" & $Drive & " Door Open")
EndFunc

Func _CloseCDDoor($Drive)
    _MCISendString("Set Drive" & $Drive & " Door Closed")
EndFunc

Func _ToggleCDDoor($Drive)
    $Timer = TimerInit()
    _MCISendString("Set Drive" & $Drive & " Door Open")
    If TimerDiff($Timer) < 200 Then
        _MCISendString("Set Drive" & $Drive & " Door Closed")
    EndIf
EndFunc

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]

mmm GrungeRocker, that not. He need read status, not open or close cd tray..

RazerM, maybe this help:

$dll = DllOpen("winmm.dll")
$CD= DllCall($dll, "int", "mciSendString", "str", "status cdaudio mode", "str", "str", "int", 255, "long", 0)
$statusCD=$CD[2]

[EDIT] Oops, I forget put the open dll...

Edited by elgabionline

thanks elgabionline but it still says open even if drive is closed

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• 2 months later...

This one is going to require the use of the SCSI Passthrough interface. As far as I can tell, windows does not directly expose via the windows API the inquiry response bit that indicates the tray position. This is presumably because it wasn't part of the original ATAPI/SCSI standards and they like to keep their low-level stuff at the lowest-common-denominator level.

I currently use a batch file wrapped around plscsi as a script to get the tray status by sending a 0xBD CDB directly to the drive and semi-parsing the results.

If not exist %1 goto setdrive
goto setdefault

:setdrive
set PLSCSI=\\.\%1
goto scsicommand

:setdefault
set PLSCSI=\\.\D:

:scsicommand
plscsi.exe -v -x "BD 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00" -i x8

And then scan the second line of output result for "x 00000000 00:10:00:00" where that "1" represents the tray being open. Note that this is very sloppy, in that there are situations where other bits may be set on the results and I don't check for errors.

Anyone with any experience using IOTCL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH or IOTCL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT from AutoIT who'd like to take a crack at this? If I can get one example working, there are several other fun things that can be done (e.g. a more complicated series of inquiries can be used to figure out the *type* of media inserted {CD,DVD}{-ROM,-R,-RW} etc.).

-brendan

Edited by bhoar

Ok, I've put together some sample code that seems to do everything right, but nothing happens. Anyone interested in code that asks the drive itself what the current tray position is via the IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH mechanism?

If so, I'll post it when I get my SCITE environment fixed (I installed the newest version and now it consumes 99% of CPU when I start it and hangs) and cut out all of the crud so that it at least appears to be respectable code.

-brendan