Launch Path?

• Moderators

Is there any way to find out while running the program were it was launch from?

see i whant to load a text file for the same launch from which the program was launch.

This returns the "Full Path", I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Launch Path", if you mean was it opened by a short cut... then I have no idea how to get that info.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=113711

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I don't really understand what you mean with Full Path, what I mean is if there is like a variable or a funktion i can call on to get the path were the program was launch.

ex. I my program/script is in the directory c:\prog\au3\path\Script.exe

and in the same directory is a text file c:\prog\au3\path\text.txt

it's not realy a problem to open it if i know the path to the textfile like now. but say that the script and the text file are in an unknown folder.

What I whant to know is how do i get the path to that folder from which the program was launch? commenly known in windows shell as ".\"

edit: I feel kind of dum now, since that was exatly how you got to that path by using ".\"

Edited by Aconx

• Moderators

I don't really understand what you mean with Full Path, what I mean is if there is like a variable or a funktion i can call on to get the path were the program was launch.

ex. I my program/script is in the directory c:\prog\au3\path\Script.exe

and in the same directory is a text file c:\prog\au3\path\text.txt

it's not realy a problem to open it if i know the path to the textfile like now. but say that the script and the text file are in an unknown folder.

What I whant to know is how do i get the path to that folder from which the program was launch? commenly known in windows shell as ".\"

edit: I feel kind of dum now, since that was exatly how you got to that path by using ".\"

Did you try the code from Larry? All you do is put the .exe name in and it returns the full path from where it was "launched" from.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.