Cycle Through Every Character.

Hi. I'm new to posting here but I've read these forums for a long time now. I've learned tons about scripting and want to that you all for that.

The lowdown:

I've come across a problem. I have this stupid thing that my bro made that makes you type in a password. It's a long password. I was hoping I could use Autoit scripting to cycle through every combination of "alpha" characters (letters) on the keyboard.

Here is what I know:

The password is 25 letters long, broken up into groups of 5. Ex.

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

By looking at his 2 other passwords I've noticed that they have similarities that would be in this one I'm trying to crack.:

LAFSA-UAAAA-ABBPA-JQNKI-JXAJB

LAFSA-VAAAA-ABBPA-HEZNO-KENZI

So basically the password I am looking for looks like this:

"*" represents a letter that is unknown.

LAFSA-*AAAA-ABBPA-*****-*****

So at least that narrows it down.

The solution:

So I've made a script that opens the window and selects the imput box where I have to type the password. Then it goes:

send("LAFSA")

Because I know that the password starts with LAFSA.

For the next letter though, what should I do? I want it to cycle through all 26 letters of the next character in the password followed by "AAAA" followed by ABBPA followed by 10 characters of unknowns.

I've calculated billions of combinations however I believe there must be a way to do it. I can leave my computer on searching for the right combination for months if I have to... if there is a way.

If you require further information to help me with this, I would be happy to provide it. Perhaps there is a pattern in the passwords that you see that I don't?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give.

what is the title of the message box?

edit: are the '-' characters actually in the passord?

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I have this stupid thing that my bro made that makes you type in a password. It's a long password.

Are you quite sure your not trying to crack Pinnacle Studio Pro?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&saf...f&q=LAFSA-VAAAA :)

Unless you're telling me your brother made Pinnacle Studio Pro. In that case, why don't you just ask him for a copy? Oh... :( you're having a fight I guess? I see, well... I dunno, take him to a ballgame or something to calm him down. Just talk to him, I'm sure that's what he needs most right now. If you do that, then he should be willing to give you a copy. Hope this helps :think:

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

• Moderators

If your bro made it, ask what the algorithm is... :think:

------

In other words... what is the name of the program your trying to crack? :(:)

Edit:

neogia... tad fast for me ;)

Yeah... I guess they hope for the ingnorant ones to answer their posts neogia. (not pointed at you razer)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i'm not going to help you if that's what it's for.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

neogia... tad fast for me :think:

Yeah... I guess they hope for the ingnorant ones to answer their posts neogia. (not pointed at you razer)

Yeah, anytime I see:

EhJay

Group: Members

Member No.: 12019

I like to check out the question first.

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

Ok... I looked it up. I just phoned him up and told him to go screw himself.

Nevermind then. Thanks though.

It's a good idea though. I still wonder if it would be possible to do this. But too much time and effort to figure it out just for him to have his happy little programs.

@ Smoke_N

I thought his bro had made a program for him to try and crack. I'm against piracy

Yeah... sorry about this... I don't ever pirate things. Too lazy mostly... but also, how are the companies gonna make money.

You may delete this topic now if you wish. Thanks for your time anyway.

AutoIt.chm in the autoit directory

97-122 is a-z

For uppercase alphabet:

$text = ""
For $i = 65 to 90
    $text = $text & Chr($i)
Next
MsgBox(0, "Uppercase alphabet", $text)

(Copied from Helpfile)

Edited by viking