Y!m Shut Down Script

Kreatorul

This is my first autoit script that closes Yahoo! Messenger 7.5 (BETA) and does not let you open the program again unless you close it from task manager, or restart pc. It's a very simple script, hope you like it

#NoTrayIcon
While WinWait ( "Yahoo! Messenger with Voice (BETA)" )
WinClose ( "Yahoo! Messenger with Voice (BETA)" )
  ;
WEnd

ok

1. its useless

2. its not good made

3. what do you want with it?

For one NO script is useless, this just does not have much of one.

I see a use if you change it to winkill, as it will allow you to run YIM then it goes bye bye, and I say incorporate this into some more scripting that checks what time of day it is, and then you have a program that if it is such an hour, or if time is between such hours then you can run YIM, else it kills it on the spot.

This can be made into a program to deter your kids from chatting in certain hours, like when you are at work, or sleeping, so set the times to allow to when you will be available to monitor them.

And there is no need to purchase expensive monitoring software if you can make it yourself, and heck with enough modifications you could have it monitor their chat logs, and IMS even, so you can have it auto close on certain words.

Just my 2 cents,

Onoitsu2

Things I have made:[font="Trebuchet Ms"]_CheckTimeBlock UDF(LT)MOH Call Ignore List (MOH = Modem On Hold)[/font]

For one NO script is useless, this just does not have much of one.

I see a use if you change it to winkill, as it will allow you to run YIM then it goes bye bye, and I say incorporate this into some more scripting that checks what time of day it is, and then you have a program that if it is such an hour, or if time is between such hours then you can run YIM, else it kills it on the spot.

This can be made into a program to deter your kids from chatting in certain hours, like when you are at work, or sleeping, so set the times to allow to when you will be available to monitor them.

And there is no need to purchase expensive monitoring software if you can make it yourself, and heck with enough modifications you could have it monitor their chat logs, and IMS even, so you can have it auto close on certain words.

Just my 2 cents,

Onoitsu2

Why, that's a GENIUS idea, Onoitsu2...I'm betting I can get post_number++ via 2 methods...First one is posting useless, stupid scripts, and the other might be commenting on the possible uses of these scripts..I think I'm going to post a great script right now...My ego is simply boggling for the attention on what my script MIGHT HAVE BEEN...

TCPStartUp()
$x=TCPConnect("irc.dal.net",6667)
Sleep(10000)
;TCPCloseSocket($x)
;Exit

And voila...Here's an IRC client...if you want more functionality, you can always uncomment (that is to say, remove the ";" character from the beginning of a line) the last two lines..Not to mention that it can stay connected for set-able periods of time, which is really really cool(if you have kids and don't want them having an open socket for too long periods of time...You can even build it up to the point that based on certain time-frames it may even BLOCK THE CREATION OF THE SOCKETS IN THE FIRST PLACE..You can't have rogue sockets when your children should be sleeping..)...You only have to modify the sleep...You can even modify the server it connects to(I'm still working on modifying the port..I'd appreciate any ideas on that)...If I look at most 4 times over the function prototype in the helpfile, I think I can tell you how..

GUICreate("mIRC v 8.0, made by me VicTT...give me credit for this stupid program, please..I've made it in my spare time, I've spent so many hours writing this text...Damn...Like...Right...Uh...Enjoy..Hehe")
; useless code goes here
; no reason why further code should be included
; People like Onoitsu2 have to have a high poster number too
; So I'll let everyone comment on what this could have been

Let's clarify things a bit...

1. Kreatorul: Do you see your name anywhere in the lines above?No?Good...that means I'm only saying your script is stupid...I'm still considering your case...

2. Onoitsu: Maybe we can script you a brain or something, as to remove the immediate need for genetically-expensive evolutionary phenomena...It just doesn't pay off to buy expensive software when you can rant about it and gain posts while you're at it..

Edited by VicTT

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

Why, that's a GENIUS idea, Onoitsu2...I'm betting I can get post_number++ via 2 methods...First one is posting useless, stupid scripts, and the other might be commenting on the possible uses of these scripts..I think I'm going to post a great script right now...My ego is simply boggling for the attention on what my script MIGHT HAVE BEEN...

TCPStartUp()
Sleep(10000)
;TCPCloseSocket($x)
;Exit

And voila...Here's an IRC client...if you want more functionality, you can always uncomment (that is to say, remove the ";" character from the beginning of a line) the last two lines..Not to mention that it can stay connected for set-able periods of time, which is really really cool(if you have kids and don't want them having an open socket for too long periods of time...You can even build it up to the point that based on certain time-frames it may even BLOCK THE CREATION OF THE SOCKETS IN THE FIRST PLACE..You can't have rogue sockets when your children should be sleeping..)...You only have to modify the sleep...You can even modify the server it connects to(I'm still working on modifying the port..I'd appreciate any ideas on that)0...If I look at most 4 times over the function prototype in the helpfile, I think I can tell you how..

GUICreate("mIRC v 8.0, made by me VicTT...give me credit for this stupid program, please..I've made it in my spare time, I've spent so many hours writing this text...Damn...Like...Right...Uh...Enjoy..Hehe")
; useless code goes here
; no reason why further code should be included
; People like Onoitsu2 have to have a high poster number too
; So I'll let everyone comment on what this could have been

Let's clarify things a bit...

1. Kreatorul: Do you see your name anywhere in the lines above?No?Good...that means I'm only saying your script is stupid...I'm still considering your case...

2. Onoitsu: Maybe we can script you a brain or something, so there's no need for genetically-expensive evolutionary phenomena, in your case...It just doesn't pay off to buy expensive software when you can rant about it and gain posts while you're at it..

Wow what a rant over me stating that knowlege is not idiotic. Hmmm well I can see just how oppressive some on these forums can be, and insulting as well, considering I have yet to insult you.

Here is my rebuttle rant.....

I am not trying to raise my post count, just post my opinions and ideas. Plain and simply, knowlege is power, we have brains, make tools, use tools to make better tools, and that process continues. Perhaps someone should take you back to Win 3.0 (No 3.11 is too good for you!) or no I have 1 better go have fun running PC-Shell, or maybe you should go play on a Comadore 64 with a tape drive, because I can see that you are not mature enough to handle the piece of hardware you have in front of you at the moment.

Where do you think the computer you are using came from, the console systems you play on (if applicable)... The comadore 64 made home pc's popular, and PONG, for the love of god, PONG of all things made console gaming popular, without the 'genetically-expensive evolutionary phenomena' you described then we would not even have AutoIt to argue over the syntax, structure, nor functions of.

I am only 21 years old, 3-2-85 is my b-day, I have been using computers (computer related devices, i.e. comadore 64, pong, atari, and an Amstrad (the only computer known to man that actually created its own memory leaking viruses, this can be attributed to the bad soldering job on ALL parts, and connections working but overheating and losing connection, then cooling when off and working again, try that process while the OS is loading, or you are running a program and it is writing data to the HDD BAD THINGS HAPPENED!!! LOL)) since I was 3 years old, I just so happened to learn my ABC's on that Amstrad, and Comadore 64. Look at the TV even, they used to have vacuum tubes, now we have plasma tv's!

My being only 21 years of age and been using computers of some kind since the age of 3, means I have 18 years of experience with technology of some kind, and ove that long ride have come to realize that without knowlege starting somewhere, in its amobal stages it will, if given the right attitude, and environment, will evolve into any number of things. Knowlege is never ending, and no one knows it ALL, so the next time you want to shoot someone down for an idea, or little scriptlet, think again, realize that if all those in the past that have contributed to technology today, had NOT started from what was previously there, however rudamentery it may have been, we would still be in the stone ages.

And you my soviet oppressive sounding comrade, need to realize, all that have opposed, prevented, and/or overlooked knowlege have ended up regretting it in the end.

As now and always... Just my 2 cents...

Laterzzz,

Onoitsu2

Things I have made:[font="Trebuchet Ms"]_CheckTimeBlock UDF(LT)MOH Call Ignore List (MOH = Modem On Hold)[/font]

What's the matter with u ppl? This is my first script, I'm still tryin' to learn AutoIt3; If u don't like it don't use it.

sry i didn't want to attack you, but some of that scripts could be a reason, for getting autoit, on the viruslists.....

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]

TCPStartUp()
Sleep(10000)
;TCPCloseSocket($x)
;Exit

That won't work, you have to convert it to the IP address.

TCPStartUp()
$x=TCPConnect(TCPNameToIp('Irc.dal.net'),6667)
Sleep(10000)
;TCPCloseSocket($x)
;Exit

Check your code before you Try to flame/rant them.

[size=20]My File Upload[/size]Register at my site and upload.

TCPStartUp()
Sleep(10000)
;TCPCloseSocket($x)
;Exit

That won't work, you have to convert it to the IP address.

TCPStartUp()
$x=TCPConnect(TCPNameToIp('Irc.dal.net'),6667)
Sleep(10000)
;TCPCloseSocket($x)
;Exit

Check your code before you Try to flame/rant them.

it was a joke buddy, but by the way no need to make fun of him he tried and did something unlike 99% of the other noobs who would post a support question

This is my first autoit script that closes Yahoo! Messenger 7.5 (BETA) and does not let you open the program again unless you close it from task manager, or restart pc. It's a very simple script, hope you like it

#NoTrayIcon
While WinWait ( "Yahoo! Messenger with Voice (BETA)" )
WinClose ( "Yahoo! Messenger with Voice (BETA)" )
 ;
WEnd

back to the script...

why not add a check to see if there is a ym installed in the pc, then you run the uninstall command

mine is still in development

this simple script is to check the existence of ym in your pc

$var = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Yahoo\Essentials", "MainDir")

MsgBox(4096, "Program files are in:", $var)

:think:

I remember when I first joined this forum (about a week after it started, actually), people on this forum were very helpful. If some really bad code was posted, people would respond with helpful posts, steering the poster in the right direction, rather than flaming them.

How is this for an idea? If you are unable to post anything helpful, then do not reply! It is very simple, really. That way, new AutoIt users will get the help that they need and they will not get a bad taste in their mouth from narrow-minded people and their vitriolic posts turning the new users away from AutoIt.

One of the greatest things I had found about AutoIt was the close-knit and helpful community. What happened to erode that feeling of AutoIt family? I know that there are a lot of stupid posts on the forum, but having an idiotic post fade away due to lack of response is much more effective than keeping it at the top of the forum list.

Personally, I would like to see the AutoIt community grow and become stronger. I would like to AutoIt language to become a mainstream scripting language. I would like to be proud that I belong to the AutoIt forum. I would like to point people to the AutoIt forums to learn AutoIt without fear that they will be attacked for asking "stupid" questions. Let's all try to be a bit more accepting of new users and leave the attacks for those who really deserve them.

my opinion.... this is not a stupid script/post....

its hard to block ym from the internet (it use port 80, if other port is block from the firewall).

the only way is to block user from installing it into their pc

how to do it? .... we post our script and discuss it here

here are my idea

- run the program when the pc startup

- find the registry entry in windows

- if found, run silent uninstall program

- if no ym exist ... do nothing

I'll post my script when i finish it

Feel free to contribute your comments :think:

Edited by evod510

Does anybody have an ideea how to recognize an Y!M conversation window, so I can make a robot for Y!M I tried WinWaitActive ( "Instant Message" ) but it doesen't work, it works only if I put the name of the person I am talking with like WinWaitActive ( "Mary" ), Send ( "hello{ENTER}" ). Any ideeas how to recognize any Y!M window?