Volume Control And Balance

Bert

I've been hunting around in the registry without luck. To let you know what I plan to do, I want to play a gag on my boss. I'm somewhat of a prankster, and I've been trying to come up with something good to get her with.

The gag involves putting 2 laptops in the cube becide hers in the cabinet. Install 4 small speakers in the wiring strips in the bottom of the cube walls of her cube.

I would make a script that played a cricket sound at random times and change the balance so it seem like the "crickets" moved around. She would be looking for days trying to find the crickets. A suggestion was made to play a scratching sound, to make it sound like there were mice...the posibilities are endless.... :think:

Seems not exactly solution for balance was here, but maybe this topic give some start point:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21584

It is good, but it doesn't cover controling the balance. Anyone got any idea on how to solve this one? I thougt of remoting into the laptops and doing it that way, but I rather have it done by a script. This way it will run when I'm out of the office, and she can't blame me for the gag. :think:

no you turn the bass up keep the balance, and make it sound like a gun shot, (boom boom boom) :(:think::)

im joknig but there is a reg that can do this

I opened up the volume control and autoit, to see if there was a command I found &mute but nothing bout balnace yet

Edited by Evil_Has_Survived
Thanks in advance

have u tried opening the advanced volume control and then jsut using MouseClickDrag the balance slider adn random intervals...

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

• Moderators

These two reg values change when I move the balance slider.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{6994AD04-93EF-11D0-A3CC-00A0C9223196}\##?#PCI#VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_04301462&REV_60#3&13C0B0C5&0&8D#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\#Wave\Device Parameters\Mixer\0\Controls\1

Channel0
Channel1

If I move it all the way to the left Channel0 = 10486 and Channel1 = 0.

Edited by big_daddy

• 3 years later...