Transfer Protocols And Remote Client

I'm working for quite a while now on a remote client for windows that uses SQL, and it's pretty much working. It has remote update for commands that don't require to reboot the script i don't think any other remote client has that. I haven't posted it yet because i'm still not done.. Anyway, it's a good project.

However, the drawback to SQL is that it needs certain drivers and a server, and you have to install the drivers. I'd like to see that i can use a native windows transfer protocol like TCP, UDP, SCTP, DCCP something like that, and i'd like to know where do i go first. I did see a little TCP server but i didn't understand it really. So, i'd like a few pointers on how to script this and what functions to use.

I have a idea of it mostly, and when it's done it will basically look like this:

Client <-> Server <-> User

Where i have the client done in SQL and it's really cool although not very hard to detect.. but that's not what this is about. The server is mainly a unknown to me and i'll need some help and some more help on that. The User side will be the easiest part since all it has to do is send commands. I'll try to build a nice GUI for that, (maybe something that can be used alongside with other script: i'm thinking 1 big script for gmail, remote client, msging, chat.. and it all uses the same protocol and server.)

In short: What protocol is easiest to use for simple text transfers? What protocol is best to use? Are the scripts that i can use in reference?

Edited by Manadar

Whily my last post was just useless rant this post actually contains a question:

So far, i've been abled to copy the help file and copy someone else's server.

But the client in my story, has to check constantly wether it has data incoming and i want it to just check every so many minutes. So how can i actually do that? Maybe there's a premade solution in TCP?

Else i'm going to do it this way: Every minute it sends Get to the server which ofcourse, is listening and when it receives Get, server will immediately send data it has previously stored, or a plain 0 for no data ( script will know it can stop checking after 0 or it will keep checking, ofcourse )

this will, naturally, take the load of the client, but it will drastically increase load on the server so maybe this really isn't a good idea..

[edit] When a server sends and the client has to check it will receive how long can i let the client sleep between tasks maximum, right now it's at 1ms and it still works properly but i'm unsure about these factors wether are actually a good thing..

Edited by Manadar

I'm not shure what your asking. but If you want knowledge of the protocols why not starte with the RFC's?