Automated Reporting

At work we run daily drive space reports of all servers on all the different domains. I've already configured the script to run the drive space checks. Is there any way to wait until the test is done? Like check to see when the program is at an idle state again maybe? Sleep() wont work because the tests take different amounts of time each day due to network load and other issues.

Thanks

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

At work we run daily drive space reports of all servers on all the different domains. I've already configured the script to run the drive space checks. Is there any way to wait until the test is done? Like check to see when the program is at an idle state again maybe? Sleep() wont work because the tests take different amounts of time each day due to network load and other issues.

Thanks

???

RunWait(script.exe)

???

There are a lot of ways to do this. You can check the CPU usage if the checking takes a lot of processor power. You can check for changed text in the application window saying it is done with the previous check. You can look for certain pixel colors on the screen, maybe for green when it is running and red when it has stopped (for example). If the program does not allow you to minimize, lose focus, close... or some other action, you can make it perform that action and let you know when it does perform the action, letting you know the application is done with its process.

I am sure you can think of other things as well since you know what the program does and how it performs.

@serialkiller: thanks for the ideas, I used the window title cuz it changed when the test was done.

In this program there are 2 panes in the window, the left lists the domains and the right lists the drive space after the test is done and is white before. I was wondering if its possible to find shapes, kinda like pixel search but looking for certain pixels right next to each other. Right now I jsut do a pixel search for a unique color in the right pane but this is going to be run on different computers and different versions so the pane size, location might be diff.

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

thanks for your help larry

i got the information on the pane....using control is there any way to switch to that pane?

or even jsut select everythign in that pane?

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size: X: 365 Y: 62 W: 603 H: 601

Control ID: 59664

ClassNameNN: AfxFrameOrView42u2

Text: Computers on domain xxxxxxxx

ControlFocus("the title","","AfxFrameOrView42u2")

...then send keystrokes that select stuff?

Is this software available or mentionable? Some may be able to help, if it is public software that we are dealing with.

Essentially, I need to know how you would manually select the text in the control to help determine how to automate it.

Lar.

@larry: thanks for ur help

It's Hyena v6.2 used for generating all sorts of reports. I'm doing a drive space reports. The pane that im tryign to get to contains a list of servers when finished, i jsut need to highlight the list and copy it then hyena will give me copy options....im good to go now tho hopefully this change focus will work