Failure While Installing Scite

I have a failure when I am installing SCite. This happens always, in Win98 SE:

does the installation conclude then, and don't I have more problems... ???

[EDIT] In Spanish said:

"One of the devices of the system doesn't work"

Did somebody have a similar error, or does know as fixing it? Edited by elgabionline

• Developers

I have a failure when I am installing SCite. This happens always, in Win98 SE:

does the installation conclude then, and don't I have more problems... ???

[EDIT] In Spanish said:

Did somebody have a similar error, or does know as fixing it?

The problem is that the program UpdateDefs.exe, which is ran at the end of the installer, has a problem running xcopy.

Could it be that your systems doesn't have the xcopy program ? (or is it in a directory which is not part of the Path?)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The problem is that the program UpdateDefs.exe, which is ran at the end of the installer, has a problem running xcopy.

Could it be that your systems doesn't have the xcopy program ? (or is it in a directory which is not part of the Path?)

The xcopy program is in my "C:\Windows\Command" folder. It is not supposed there in that path should be the right path?

Edited by elgabionline

• Developers

The xcopy program is in my "C:\Windows\Command" folder. Is not it supposed there in that path should be the right path?

Did you check your path settings ? (open the dos command prompt and type SET (enter).

This should display the path settings and c:\windows\command should be in it.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Did you check your path settings ? (open the dos command prompt and type SET (enter).

This should display the path settings and c:\windows\command should be in it.

Yes, command prompt said:

PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND

COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM

• Developers

Yes, command prompt said:

Looks good.. I have no idea why you are getting this error when xcopy is part of the path and the comspec settings are correct.

Checking your error message again I notice 2 things:

- you are running from a mapped drive ? J:

- you have changed the default installation path of SciTE from AutoIt3dir to AutoIt3dir\extra\editors which could give problems.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Looks good.. I have no idea why you are getting this error when xcopy is part of the path and the comspec settings are correct.

Checking your error message again I notice 2 things:

- you are running from a mapped drive ? J:

- you have changed the default installation path of SciTE from AutoIt3dir to AutoIt3dir\extra\editors which could give problems.

1) J:\ Is my second hard disk, not a logical partition. I have update of this information in my windows Registry.

2) I change path at "AutoIt3dir\extra\editors" because AutoIt make this folder when I install it and I thought that should be convenient. :think:

Then, these are the causes of the error?

there is consequences, or way for repairing it?

• Developers

1) J:\ Is my second hard disk, not a logical partition. I have update of this information in my windows Registry.

2) I change path at "AutoIt3dir\extra\editors" because AutoIt make this folder when I install it and I thought that should be convenient. :think:

Then, these are the causes of the error?

there is consequences, or way for repairing it?

Should work ....

All should work when the autoit3dir= line in au3.properties file points to the correct AutoIt3 directory.

All what UpdateDefs.exe does is update this field and copy either the production definitons or Beta definitions to the SciTE subdirectory. default will be the production definitons.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Should work ....

All should work when the autoit3dir= line in au3.properties file points to the correct AutoIt3 directory.

All what UpdateDefs.exe does is update this field and copy either the production definitons or Beta definitions to the SciTE subdirectory. default will be the production definitons.

Headed in au3.properties:

# SciTE settings for AutoIt v3

#

# April 6, 2006 - Jos van der Zande 

#

#

# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***

autoit3dir=J:ProgramasAutoIt3

autoit3dir=J:ProgramasAutoIt3 is right path to my AutoIt folder, but the error while installing is there...

Already it's quite painful that every time this error appears, there are consequences, or way for repairing it?

Thanks a lot for your help JdeB!!

Edited by Jos

• Developers

Headed in au3.properties:

autoit3dir=J:\Programas\AutoIt3 is right path to my AutoIt folder, but the error while installing is there...

Already it's quite painful that every time this error appears, there are consequences, or way for repairing it?

Thanks a lot for your help JdeB!!

Can you try this version of UpdateDefs.exe ... it uses FileCopy commands in stead of xcopy so should fix things...

Just copy it to SciTE\Defs and run it...

:think:

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Can you try this version of UpdateDefs.exe ... it uses FileCopy commands in stead of xcopy so should fix things...

Just copy it to SciTE\Defs and run it...

:think:

Awesome!! :( JdeB rules!!!! Thank you so very much.

for each problem, a solution...

(it's your motto) Edited by elgabionline

• Developers

(it's your motto)

at least there's aways a workaround .. :think:

Will include this version in the next SciTE4AutoIt3 installer....

enjoy

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.