Magnify An Area On Screen?

b8bboi

Thanks for the response but that still doesn't do the job. The mag area still has to be moved aside.

I want the magnifying area to completely cover the area to be magnified.

Have you thought about what you're saying? If you want the magnified version of the area directly on top of the normal area, that becomes the new area for the magnification function. In other words, you'll get an endless magnification, which won't help at all. Go back to the first link - the one you posted - and run it. Try moving your mouse near the magnified square, and then go to the middle of the square. Do you see a magnified portion of the screen under the square? No, you see a solid color - the last color that was on the square before it infinitely magnified.

Look at the Windows magnifier. It doesn't put the square on top of the area being magnified either.

greenmachine, it's doable. There's plenty of magnifier programs that can sit on top of the magnified area. They just poll the window underneath it and redraw the content. It's definitely doable.

I was just asking if this is possible in AutoIt.

In other words, can AutoIt pull pixel colors from a "hidden" window (ie. a window that's still updating but not visible due to other apps being on top of it)?

Edited by b8bboi

• Moderators

greenmachine, it's doable. There's plenty of magnifier programs that can sit on top of the magnified area. They just poll the window underneath it and redraw the content. It's definitely doable.

In other words, can AutoIt pull pixel colors from a "hidden" window (ie. a window that's still updating but not visible due to other apps being on top of it)?

I remember Larry saying that the window had to have focus that you wanted to use the pixel function on.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Find me one that does exactly what you want and show it to me. If it has enough information about how it works, I'll figure out a way to code it in AutoIt.

greenmachine, this guy wrote a tool called iGZoom. It can stay on top of the area being magnified.

The discussion thread is here.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread...ighlight=iGZoom

The download link is here.

http://www.whipflash.com/vamr/iGZoom_v2.zip

Run iGZoom.exe. It should magnify an area on the screen specified in the INI. You can drag it right over the area being zoomed and it still works.

Note that you have to close it from Task Manager as it doesn't have a window presense.