Polling Telephone Calls From Modem?

Bit of a long shot this.

I'd like to set up a computer that just plays MP3s in my office.

What I'd like to do is be able to automatically mute the sound whenever the phone rings, with a telephone lead split two ways - both into the computer's modem and into the telephone handset.

Is there any way of accomplashing this?

As a bonus, it would be cool if it could display the telephone number of the person calling.

fastest and easiest way to do that is to find out what serial port your modem is on and watch it. If your modem is in string mode, then watch for the string "RING" to appear on the com port. If your modem is in numeric mode, you'll have to look up the numeric codes - I don't know them off-hand.

I don't know about callered, but look through your modem's manual for AT commands to turn on caller id (if your modem supports it)

Modem? What's that? hehe

I don't you're going to get any autoit functionality on modem's. That age's over ( it is over here, at least). You're on your own, you can try finding the windows dll that handles to modem calls, but you're on your own if you're going that way..

Oh, mother how arrogant is it possible to be. How many of your fellow countrymen are able to get a DSL type internet connection? 55% Probably even less if you consider home usage. :think: Yep, you triggered one of my aiking nerves. At my own place I can't even get a reliable telephone line! It's about 4km to the nearest switch!

TP should search for TAPI at msdn and the net or just start here. You probably have to figure out some dllcall stuff (because you did search the forum for a telephone udf, right )

When you have figured it out post your results to scripts & scraps.

Happy hunting and coding!

• 2 weeks later...