Reboot Script

I'm looking for a way to make the script restart itself.. in stead of using 2 files that run each other and close themselves..

Something like EnvUpdate () but then AutoItScriptUpdate()

Manadar,

This worked for me to restart a compiled script (.exe)

If PrgName.exe is running, and it calls _Restart_Prg(), it restarts.

I hope this helps.

taurus905

Func _Restart_Prg() ; Restart Program

Run("PrgName.exe")

WinClose("PrgName")

EndFunc ; ==> _Restart_Prg

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

Manadar,

This worked for me to restart a compiled script (.exe)

If PrgName.exe is running, and it calls _Restart_Prg(), it restarts.

I hope this helps.

taurus905

Func _Restart_Prg() ; Restart Program

Run("PrgName.exe")

WinClose("PrgName")

EndFunc ; ==> _Restart_Prg

Thanks taurus,

I changed WinClose("PrgName") for ProcessClose('PrgName.exe') and then it worked.

[edit] I figured by using Exit in stead of WinClose you get a bit more security. So i used Exit now.

Edited by Manadar

Manadar,

I will try changing WinClose("PrgName") to ProcessClose('PrgName.exe')

It makes better sense.

Thanks. :think:

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

I thougth the task at hand was to restart the running script? As in restart PrgName from PrgName?

If that is the case, I think you should locate the PID of PrgName before starting new PrgName, and then close the PID. Othervice you could be closing the PrgName you just started :think:

I thougth the task at hand was to restart the running script? As in restart PrgName from PrgName?

If that is the case, I think you should locate the PID of PrgName before starting new PrgName, and then close the PID. Othervice you could be closing the PrgName you just started :think:

Uten,

I agree with all you said. And I knew there had to be a better way, because I was restarting another instance before I closed the first one. I felt it was a timing issue and that's why it worked. Not sure. :">

I was just glad that it worked without any bad side-effects, that I knew of.

taurus905

#Region --- Restart Program ---
    Func _RestartProgram(); Thanks UP_NORTH
        If @Compiled = 1 Then
            Run(FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath))
        Else
            Run(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath))
        EndIf
        Exit
    EndFunc; ==> _RestartProgram
#EndRegion --- Restart Program ---

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki