Buttons Become Unresponsive After A While In A Gui.

Hi everybody,

I have been creating several scripts over the last few month, one of which uses a relatively complex GUI (3 tabs, +/- 30 controls, two listcontrols and a listview control). More simple GUIs run without any problem.

I run this GUI in the MessageLoop mode. While testing it and at first the GUI runs without problems and responds to all user actions.

After performing a number of user actions on the GUI though the buttons become unresponsive. The action linked to them will not be started.

Other controls do work though without any problem.

Has anybody else encountered similar problems?

Should I use the OnEvent mode for more complex GUIs.

Should I use multiple windows instead of Tabs?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Kind regards,

Jasper de Fockert

Edited by jdefockert

Hi everybody,

I have been creating several scripts over the last few month, one of which uses a relatively complex GUI (3 tabs, +/- 30 controls, two listcontrols and a listview control). More simple GUIs run without any problem.

I run this GUI in the MessageLoop mode. While testing it and at first the GUI runs without problems and responds to all user actions.

After performing a number of user actions on the GUI though the buttons become unresponsive. The action linked to them will not be started.

Other controls do work though without any problem.

Has anybody else encountered similar problems?

Should I use the OnEvent mode for more complex GUIs.

Should I use multiple windows instead of Tabs?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Kind regards,

Jasper de Fockert

you might get more help if you provide the code your having problems with.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Check to make sure you haven't jumped out of your $msg loop.

GUIOnEventMode is a good option too, but that is really more of a preference than a necessity.

Thank you for your answer. Would not exiting the $msg loop also kill the GUI?

I run a loop with a double select case, it first checks whether a few input fields have changed, if none of the input fields have changed it looks at the value of the $msg variable.

Then it loops.

The fun thing is that it works fine for a while, but at a certain point the GUI just crashes, I need to use the taskmanager to close it.

Thank you in advance for your input.

PS: the code is kind of too long to post it here (967 lines).

Kind regards,

Jasper

Edited by jdefockert

Thank you for your answer. Would not exiting the $msg loop also kill the GUI?

I run a loop with a double select case, it first checks whether a few input fields have changed, if none of the input fields have changed it looks at the value of the $msg variable.

Then it loops.

The fun thing is that it works fine for a while, but at a certain point the GUI just crashes, I need to use the taskmanager to close it.

Thank you in advance for your input.

PS: the code is kind of too long to post it here (967 lines).

Kind regards,

Jasper

attachments work also

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the tip, I have tested it today (first time I had the opportunity to use the script and the problem did not occur.

I copied the double Select...Case...Endselect from an example for using _GUICtrlEditGetModify.

Thank you for spotting this there is indeed no reason to have a double Select...Case...Endselect and it seems to be the problem.

Kind regards,

Jasper de Fockert