Tcpsend And Tcprecv

Hi all,

I have read the examples on the Help regarding TCPsend and TCPrecv. First, nice chat! This is really cool! :think:

My question is how to deal with firewalls and NAT? Assuming I'm the server and I have an address 192.168.2.2 (I'm behide NAT and router) and I have a client with a different address (probably also behide a NAT) how to deal with this?

Thanks, dudes... :(

Hi all,

I have read the examples on the Help regarding TCPsend and TCPrecv. First, nice chat! This is really cool! :think:

My question is how to deal with firewalls and NAT? Assuming I'm the server and I have an address 192.168.2.2 (I'm behide NAT and router) and I have a client with a different address (probably also behide a NAT) how to deal with this?

Thanks, dudes... :(

Hi,

normally you should configure the firewalls, proxys, and so on that way, that you haven't to care about sending data.

Question, is the client (to speak with the server) in the same network? Does the client have to speak via WAN with the server or just in a LAN?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

normally you should configure the firewalls, proxys, and so on that way, that you haven't to care about sending data.

Question, is the client (to speak with the server) in the same network? Does the client have to speak via WAN with the server or just in a LAN?

So long,

Mega

Thanks, Mega,

The client is not a part of the network. The client will have to talk with the WAN. I can, however, run the server on an external PC, not a PC which is connected to the network. A regular PC with a real IP, this should be easier for the client to talk with the server, no? I assume the client will only have to give the server's real IP address and that's it, no?

Thanks, Mega,

The client is not a part of the network. The client will have to talk with the WAN. I can, however, run the server on an external PC, not a PC which is connected to the network. A regular PC with a real IP, this should be easier for the client to talk with the server, no? I assume the client will only have to give the server's real IP address and that's it, no?

Hi,

yeah you have to know the public IP given by your ISP. Yes, it would be easier to test that. You can also install an apache webserver on the server machine. Just to make sure you can talk to the server. ( That should be easy to test)

Good luck!

Th.Meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times