Unattended Installer Seems To Work, But Won't Copy Files

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I made a quick installer for one of the software products we use at my company, but when I use it the installation fails in a weird way. What happens is that the installation appears to work perfectly but files are not copied during the installation. After it's completed the directory where the program should be is empty. It creates registry entries and directories, just no files. No error messages appear during the installation.

When I run the installer without autoit, it works fine. There's nothing special about the script, it just waits for windows and clicks "next". The program uses an installshield-with-msi type installer. I'm using production autoit, not beta. The program is called D-Rom Services AlchemySearch btw

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I made a quick installer for one of the software products we use at my company, but when I use it the installation fails in a weird way. What happens is that the installation appears to work perfectly but files are not copied during the installation. After it's completed the directory where the program should be is empty. It creates registry entries and directories, just no files. No error messages appear during the installation.

When I run the installer without autoit, it works fine. There's nothing special about the script, it just waits for windows and clicks "next". The program uses an installshield-with-msi type installer. I'm using production autoit, not beta. The program is called D-Rom Services AlchemySearch btw

Thanks

HI,

post the code and someone will help you soon.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Sure, here ya go

Run("\\129.1.1.89\installs\DRomViewer\ALCHEMY\SETUP\SETUP.exe")

WinWaitActive("Choose Setup Language", "Select the language for this installation from the choices below.")
Sleep(100)
ControlClick ( "Choose Setup Language", "", "OK" )

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "The InstallShield® Wizard will install Digital-ROM Services Viewer 7.3 on your computer.")
Sleep(100)
ControlClick ( "InstallShield Wizard", "", "&Next >" )

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "Please read the following license agreement carefully.")
Sleep(100)
ControlClick ( "InstallShield Wizard", "", "&Yes" )

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "Choose Destination Location")
Sleep(100)

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "Review settings before copying files.")
Sleep(100)

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "Setup has finished installing Digital-ROM Services Viewer")
Sleep(100)
ControlClick ( "InstallShield Wizard", "", "Finish" )

It's as simple as can be. It works perfectly all the way to the end... it's just that no files actually get copied.

Looking at what you are doing have you tried setup.exe /v" /passive"

Yeah, I've tried every flag I can think of, the setup.exe doesn't seem to be affected by any flags at all. The msi won't let me install it directly either.

i would try again with these switches

To silently install, use: setup.exe /s /v"/qn"

or

To silently install, if installer extracted, then use: setup.msi /qn
Thanks a ton for your help! Those didn't work but it got me trying more flags. I was able to create a response file with setup.exe /r. I had tried it before with setup.exe /r /f1:"C:\temp\setup.iss" to specify the location and it didn't work, but I hadn't tried just setup.exe /r . Now all it takes is setup.exe /s with the iss response file in the same directory.

Thanks again to everyone!