Excel Help

I need to delete row 1 from an excel file, but I cant find anything in the ExcelCom UDF's to do this.

(Sorry if I missed it)

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• 2 weeks later...

i don't use excelcom udf, but i can tell you how to do it in COM

this example is assuming that you've got an excel.application object already created (and named $oMyEX, and your workbook is already open in it.

$wb = $oMyEX.WorkBooks("My Workbook Title")
$wb.Rows("1:1").delete

i don't use excelcom udf, but i can tell you how to do it in COM

this example is assuming that you've got an excel.application object already created (and named $oMyEX, and your workbook is already open in it.

$wb = $oMyEX.WorkBooks("My Workbook Title")
$wb.Rows("1:1").delete
Yea, it would be easy to add a row/column delete to the current UDF. I'll look into it tonight.
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I think thats a good idea !!

Try not to put everything in one UDF, that' s overkill. :)

My advice is to make different grouped by nature.

Makes it easier to read and use, and does not burden the script when using the include too much !! :(

Because if it's too long the include will load everything in the script, even if you need ony 3 or three UDF's.

Be gentle !!

I think thats a good idea !!

Try not to put everything in one UDF, that' s overkill. :)

My advice is to make different grouped by nature.

Makes it easier to read and use, and does not burden the script when using the include too much !! :(

Because if it's too long the include will load everything in the script, even if you need ony 3 or three UDF's.

Be gentle !!

actually, and dev's please correct me if i'm wrong, i think i remember reading somewhere that only the functions actually used in #include 'd are put into the compiled script. so that helps reduce the need for the modulization you're speaking of. i really want to give them as many features as possible, but i'm going to try to copy dale's style from ie.au3 for documentation, examples etc, so that even if it gets as big as dale's script, it will still be as user friendly.

@cameronsdad

As I thought ALL the functions are incorporated in the script @ compile time !!

Read the feedback from the dev' s here :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...0&gopid=183052&

This is IMPORTANT to know when developing a new UDF.

I hope this can help you to make a new plan of attack. :)

Regards

ptrex

I know this is a old post, I saw it back before I figured out how to do it

I modified randallc's excelcom.au3 code, here is what I added

----------I added this among the cases-------------------------------------

Case StringInStr($s_MEExcelCom, "rowdel")

.activesheet.Rows($i_Row&":"&$i_Row).delete

.activesheet.Rows($i_Row&":"&$i_Row).Resize(1).EntireRow.Insert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------I added this as a func--------------------------

func _xlrowdel(ByRef $s_FilePath,$s_i_Sheet=1,$i_Row=1,$s_i_Visible=1)

_ExcelCOM($s_FilePath, $s_i_Sheet, "1", $i_Row, "rowdel", "NoSave", 1, $s_i_Visible, "NOTExit", "NOTLastRow", "NOTToColumn")

EndFunc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!

I know you think that I know I understand what you said, but I am not sure that what I understood is what you thought.

I know this is a old post, I saw it back before I figured out how to do it

I modified randallc's excelcom.au3 code, here is what I added

----------I added this among the cases-------------------------------------

Case StringInStr($s_MEExcelCom, "rowdel")

.activesheet.Rows($i_Row&":"&$i_Row).delete

.activesheet.Rows($i_Row&":"&$i_Row).Resize(1).EntireRow.Insert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------I added this as a func--------------------------

func _xlrowdel(ByRef $s_FilePath,$s_i_Sheet=1,$i_Row=1,$s_i_Visible=1)

_ExcelCOM($s_FilePath, $s_i_Sheet, "1", $i_Row, "rowdel", "NoSave", 1, $s_i_Visible, "NOTExit", "NOTLastRow", "NOTToColumn")

EndFunc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!

I added the _XLDeleteRow _XLDeleteColumn a few days ago. They have been updated in the current excelcom udf

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)