Sending Text

Alright when I use the code send("Message") I have to wait for it to literally type it out, which isn't all that long but can gett annoying when typing longer messages. I was wondering if there was anyway to get arround this and have the messages send instantly. Any help would be greatly apreciated. :think:

You could set the SendKeyDownDelay and SendKeyDelay options:

Opt("SendKeyDelay",0)
Opt("SendKeyDownDelay",0)

Or.. (this is what I do)

You can do a ClipPut() of the text you want to send, then have your script do a, Send("^V").

That would make it instantaneous.

-Sim

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Erm, I don't exatly understand. Where would I put it if the function looks like so...

Func inventory($item1, $item2, $item3, $item4, $item5, $item6, $item7, $item8, $item9, $item10)
    send("{enter}Backpack ----------{enter}Item 1: ")   
        send($item1)
    send("{enter}Item 2: ")
            send($item2)
    send("{enter}Item 3: ")
            send($item3)
    send("{enter}Item 4: ")
            send($item4)
    send("{enter}Item 5: ")
            send($item5)
    send("{enter}Item 6: ")
            send($item6)
    send("{enter}Item 7: ")
            send($item7)
    send("{enter}Item 8: ")
            send($item8)
    send("{enter}Item 9: ")
            send($item9)
    send("{enter}Item 10: ")
            send($item10)
send("{enter}")         
            endfunc

Try this as a small example:

Send("{enter}")
ClipPut("Backpack ----------")
Send("^v")
Send("{enter}")
ClipPut("Item 1: " & $item1)
Send("^v")
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Try this as a small example:

Send("{enter}")
ClipPut("Backpack ----------")
Send("^v")
Send("{enter}")
ClipPut("Item 1: " & $item1)
Send("^v")
Nice, that is truly very fast. :think:

i didn't know you could do that.(but then again there are many thinks i still don't know)

thanks

Edited by Hello12345

The other option, if you're dealing with actual controls, would be to use ControlSetText... But that depends on whether you're using a program that has actual controls that show up in the WindowInfo Tool.. If you're not then the suggestions thus far are probably as good as you're going to get.

A suggestion on your original code... You can simplify your methodology a little bit by using this instead of what you had...

Func inventory($item1, $item2, $item3, $item4, $item5, $item6, $item7, $item8, $item9, $item10)

Send(@CR & "Backpack ----------" & @CR & "Item 1: " & $item1 & @CR & "Item 2: " & $item2 & @CR & "Item 3: " & $item3 & @CR & "Item 4: " & $item4 & @CR & "Item 5: " & $item5 & @CR & "Item 6: " & $item6 & @CR & "Item 7: " & $item7 & @CR & "Item 8: " & $item8 & @CR & "Item 9: " & $item9 & @CR & "Item 10: " & $item10 )

EndFunc