How To Get Printer Status?

I need to get the status of our printers on the network and I'm unsure how. I'm trying to use IE.au3 but the process is to slow, or I'm using the wrong process. This is it so far:

Func Printer_status()
    $o_object = _IECreate()
    _IENavigate($o_object,'IP Address',1)
    If StringInStr(_IEBodyReadHTML($o_object),'Ready') Then
        MsgBox(0,'GOOD',_IEBodyReadHTML($o_object))
    EndIf
    _IEQuit($o_object)
EndFunc

It will check for other strings such as, head open and pause. The reason this is to slow though is because I have 4 printers I will be checking instead of just 1. I will also have to check each one continually, as fast as possible. Any ideas, or methods available to do this?

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

I used that prior to posting the topic. The printers are Zebra label printers and I looked at their site about how to get the data directly from them but to no avail. Is it possible to take the web page that is displayed for a printer and find out where the data is coming from? View source doesn't offer much besides the format.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...