Controlling My Ps2 Through The Computer?

I have an ethernet crossover cable and the network adaptor so I should be able to connect to it right? If it is I'd just want to start off this something simple like open up the tray. Then maybe be able to use my keyboard as a controller maybe?

Edited by bucky002

Check this out:

http://playstation2-linux.com/faq.php

You can install linux on your ps2, and from there you could do just about whatever you wanted. It would certainly be easy to connect to it via the network adapter then.

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Thanks the only problem is where do I get it? They don't sell is the U.S. anymore it says.

And I have a question about linux can it be sorta dangerous to use, like could I mess up my playstation with it if I didn't know what I was doing?

There are several linux kits on ebay.

As far as being dangerous.. I would think any modding to a game console has inherent risks. However, this seems to be fairly mainstream (unlike a lot of mods i.e. modchips, booting mods, etc).

I would risk my ps2 if I had the desire to do anything with it.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Hmm, I checked out Ebay..Since Sony no longer makes linux kits they are charging a bit much for me. I thank you for the help Simucal. :think:

But could I get into my playstation with autoit though?

Thanks.

Edited by bucky002

• Moderators

Hmm, I checked out Ebay..Since Sony no longer makes linux kits they are charging a bit much for me. I thank you for the help Simucal. :think:

But could I get into my playstation with autoit though?

Thanks.

If we said "Yes" it is possible, then your next post would be, "How would I go about doing it?", then our next post is "What have you tried?"

So, since you've been a member for a while now, and you know how that works... What have you tried? What have you read on google that are ways others have done it?... Help others to help you if you actually want help.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Before getting concerned with the AutoIt end of things, you need to focus on connecting your PS2 to your computer.

Here is an online tutorial for how to connect your PS2 to your computer via a network:

http://www.exploitstation.com/articles/ps2...ps2_net_tut.htm

Then, once that is done you should be able to execute .elf files on your ps2.

This one seems promising:

PS2 Link Server 1.46

download

This is the PS2-side server for the "PS2Link" PC client. This software allows you to load ELF files and additional code directly to the PS2 hardware via network connection. Useful for coders and devs.

Which can be gotten here:

http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=elfs

Regards,

Sim

The network configuration requires a exploited ps2 which I tried to make an exploit disc for it, but it didn't work cause I think I need Codebreakers or Swap Magic, both I don't have. :think:

Thanks a lot for your help and time.

If we said "Yes" it is possible, then your next post would be, "How would I go about doing it?", then our next post is "What have you tried?"

So, since you've been a member for a while now, and you know how that works... What have you tried? What have you read on google that are ways others have done it?... Help others to help you if you actually want help.

Yes, most likely if you would have said yes I would say "how would I got about doing that". I have tried making an exploit disc that failed connecting my computer to my ps2 failed because I need to exploit my ps2.( As I stated above) Other people have done it the exact way I couldn't do it. They had the right equipment or payed for it which I don't really want buy anything.

So I also thank you for pointing out that I need to do my research before posting here.

Edited by bucky002