Advanced Stringregexp Syntax

I want to use StringRegExp has a search function.

Here is my current expression:

(?i)\[(\s*?'&$searchstring&'.*?):\s(.*?)\s\]

It is a little off. It works if I am searching for the begining of a font name, but I cant search for a word/letters in the middle of the fontname space (between '[' and ':'). I know this is possible.

Here are some examples of what it is parsing:

[ Verdana Italic (TrueType) : verdanai.TTF ][ Viking Medium (TrueType) : C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_Viking.ttf ]

[ Viner Hand ITC (TrueType) : VINERITC.TTF ]

[ Vinque (TrueType) : C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_vinque.ttf ]

[ Vivaldi Italic (TrueType) : VIVALDII.TTF ]

[ Vladimir Script (TrueType) : VLADIMIR.TTF ]

[ Webdings (TrueType) : webdings.TTF ]

[ Wide Eyed (TrueType) : C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_Wide Eyed.ttf ]

[ Wide Latin (TrueType) : LATINWD.TTF ]

[ WingDings (TrueType) : WINGDING.TTF ]

[ Wingdings 2 (TrueType) : WINGDNG2.TTF ]

[ Wingdings 3 (TrueType) : WINGDNG3.TTF ]

[ WST_Czec (All res) : wst_czec.FON ]

[ WST_Engl (All res) : wst_engl.FON ]

[ WST_Fren (All res) : wst_fren.FON ]

[ WST_Germ (All res) : wst_germ.FON ]

[ WST_Ital (All res) : wst_ital.FON ]

[ WST_Span (All res) : wst_span.FON ]

[ WST_Swed (All res) : wst_swed.FON ]

[ Zekton Free (TrueType) : C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_zekton free.ttf ]

My goal, is to have it search what is in between the '[' and ':' for my $searchstring. Not just at the begining, but anywhere in that space. Then if it matches it will put the full text between the '[' and ':' in one grouping and between the ':' and the ']' in another. So if the entry was:

[ Wingdings 2 (TrueType) : WINGDNG2.TTF ]

It would result in:

$searchresults[0] = Wingdings 2 (TrueType)

$searchresults[1] = WINGDNG2.TTF

I would like to be able to have my $searchstring = "ding", OR $searchstring = "wing", OR $searchstring = "dings 2", etc.

I have everything worked out, EXCEPT the correct RegExpression and this one is really giving me a rough time. I dont really want do it with anything other than StringRegExp either, this is more of a lesson for me then anything. Neogia and I were going over it earlier but we didnt come up with a solution. If any stringregexp buff's out there wanna give it a try, feel free.

Thanks,

-Sim

P.S. - Sorry my post was so scatter brained.. I hope I got my point across.

P.S.S. - Here is my script incase someone wants to test out a possible expression:

#include <array.au3>

Dim $FontNames[1], $i = 1, $finalresults

While 1
    $temp = RegEnumVal("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts", $i)
     If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
     $temp2 = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts",$temp)
    _ArrayInsert ( $FontNames, ($i-1), "[ "&$temp&" : "&$temp2&" ]")
    $i = $i + 1
Wend

_ArraySort($FontNames)
_arraydisplay($FontNames, "Font Names & Files"); uncomment this line if you want to see what the array looks like that holds all the font names/files
$FontNamesString = _ArrayToString($FontNames,@cr)
ClipPut($FontNamesString)
$searchstring = InputBox("Search", "Enter the name of the font you are searching for:")
If $searchstring = "" Then
    MsgBox(0,"Error", "You didnt enter a font name!")
    Exit
EndIf
$searchresults = StringRegExp($FontNamesString, '(?i)\[(\s*?'&$searchstring&'.*?):\s(.*?)\s\]', 3)
If IsArray($searchresults) = 1 Then
    For $i = 1 to (UBound($searchresults)/2)
        $finalresults = $finalresults & "Font: "& $searchresults[(($i*2)-2)] & @CRLF&"Filename: " & $searchresults[(($i*2)-1)]&@CRLF&@CRLF
    Next
    MsgBox(0,"Found!","Search String: "&$searchstring&@CRLF&$finalresults)
Else
    MsgBox(0,"Not Found!", "Could not find font: "&$searchstring)
EndIf
Exit
Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Neogia saved the day, he figured it out.

Apparently there is an unresolved problem with the AutoIt RegEx engine that requires you to mark '[ ]' or '( )' with a double backslash when using them in a "do everything but" group.

It works great now.

-Simucal

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

great ... for a win9x :

While 1

$temp = RegEnumVal("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts", $i)

If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop

$temp2 = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts",$temp)

_ArrayInsert ( $FontNames, ($i-1), "[ "&$temp&" : "&$temp2&" ]")

$i = $i + 1

Wend

Nice catch, I'll have it check OS and check the correct registry entry accordingly.

Nice catch, I'll have it check OS and check the correct registry entry accordingly.

yes :

@OSType

Returns "WIN32_NT" for NT/2000/XP/2003 and returns "WIN32_WINDOWS" for 95/98/Me