Combo Index

When using guictrlread with a combo is it possible for it to return the number of the item selected not the value?

Sorry if i am unclear

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

that isn't what i meant. Here's a quick script to show what i mean

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI combo"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

$combo = GUICtrlCreateCombo ("item1", 10,10); create first item
GUICtrlSetData(-1,"item2|item3","item3"); add other item snd set a new default

GUISetState ()
MsgBox(0,0,GUICtrlRead($combo))

After running that you'll notice the message box says item3 because item3 is the active selection in the combo. If item3 was the 3rd item in the list i would like the message box to display 2 (0-based)

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

maybe

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <GuiCombo.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars',1)

Dim $Combo,$ret,$Btn_Exit,$Status,$msg,$ret

GuiCreate("ComboBox Get Current Selection", 392, 254)

$Combo = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("", 70, 10, 270, 100,$CBS_SIMPLE)
$ret = _GUICtrlComboAddDir($Combo,"drives")
$Btn_Exit = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Exit", 150, 180, 90, 30)
$Status = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",0,234,392,20,BitOR($SS_SUNKEN,$SS_CENTER))
GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $Btn_Exit
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $Combo
            $ret = _GUICtrlComboGetCurSel($Combo)
            If($ret <> $CB_ERR) Then GUICtrlSetData($Status,"Items Selected (Index): " & $ret)
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

straight from help

8)

NEWHeader1.png

thanks valuater