Dial Control

I thought it would be a good idea to make a dial control. I have seen a few in some gui's but never heard of them for autoit. I was thinking of using the graphics controls to make it and when you drag up and down the dial rotates. what do you guys think.

some functions would include, guidialcreate, guidialset, guidialget, guidialdelete

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

I thought it would be a good idea to make a dial control. I have seen a few in some gui's but never heard of them for autoit. I was thinking of using the graphics controls to make it and when you drag up and down the dial rotates. what do you guys think.

some functions would include, guidialcreate, guidialset, guidialget, guidialdelete

If so you might want to follow the naming pattern such as GUICtrlCreateDial, GUICtrlSetDial - you should try and find a way to use GUICtrlSetData instead though.

Ihave no use YET for a dial but I feel as though we could use more controls.

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

If so you might want to follow the naming pattern such as GUICtrlCreateDial, GUICtrlSetDial - you should try and find a way to use GUICtrlSetData instead though.

Ihave no use YET for a dial but I feel as though we could use more controls.

Well, I know I can draw it manualy and all but to do controlset and delete, it would have to be an entire UDF. and I don't know if there is a way to do Vars like $x1 $x2 ...

for $i = 1 to 5

$x & $i ; to make $x1, $x2

next

???

I think I have given up on this, I have too many other things going on right now, but it would be cool for like Volume control

Edited by zerocool60544

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Well, I know I can draw it manualy and all but to do controlset and delete, it would have to be an entire UDF. and I don't know if there is a way to do Vars like $x1 $x2 ...

for $i = 1 to 5

next

???

I think I have given up on this, I have too many other things going on right now, but it would be cool for like Volume control

:think: same here :(

But certainly possible, using Green Machines Analogue clock code http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24678 to draw the dial with a pointer.

Need to give it a control Id someway..

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

for $i = 1 to 5

next

???

For that you would use Assign.

While it is possible using direct drawing on the GUI like in my clock, that wouldn't be as reliable or as easy as having a control that would do it. Just being able to rotate controls would satisfy me.

• 2 weeks later...

For that you would use Assign.

While it is possible using direct drawing on the GUI like in my clock, that wouldn't be as reliable or as easy as having a control that would do it. Just being able to rotate controls would satisfy me.

WOW, I never noticed that function. that will make repeditive variable creating easy.

ex:

for $i = 1 to 100
Assign ( "var" & $i, $i )
next
for $i = 1 to 100
msgbox(0,"Variable " & $i & " is:", Eval ("i") )
next

Thanks A Lot