Noob Trying To Automate Dialup Connection

New to the forums,

This is my first time scripting and I understand a bit how this works however I have been assigned the task at work to automate the dialup connection wizard for our wininstall unattended builds. I can get to the main screen, but after that I'm lost.

Run("Control netconnections")

However, I need to open the "New Connection" wizard. There is no control ID for the icon so I cannot do a control click nor can I do the mouseclick function because the window opens up differently for different machines.

Any thoughts?

A newb.

Could you use the command line command rasdial ?

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yea, Rasdial would be the way to go.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I have read that is the way to go, did some research on it but I'm not clear how I would add that to the command line in script form. There is this syntax:

rasdial connectionname [username [password | *]] [/domain:domain] [/phone:phonenumber] [/callback:callbacknumber] [/phonebook:phonebookpath] [/prefixsuffix]

The rasdial command disconnects a network connection by using the following syntax:

rasdial [connectionname] /disconnect

How would I include this into my script for automating it?

Also, we are trying to setup a connection for many laptops without a name, password, and ISP, just a phone number.

By the way, thanks for responses!

Newb

Try

run("rasdial test /phone:123456789")

Remember to change 123456789 for your phone no.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

at work to automate the dialup connection wizard for our wininstall unattended builds.

I can get to the main screen, but after that I'm lost.

Run("Control netconnections")

this runs the modem wizard :

Run("rundll32 rnaui.dll,RnaWizard")

www.google.com search for RUNDLL RUNDLL32