The Wonderfull World Of Buttons

Dont get after me about searching because i alrdy have and nothing seems to help.

Well ill start by explaining hte situation, im not sure how many of you play counter-strike but that is what this is about, Im trying to create a gui for a program called regen which basicly creates resource lists for the maps so you can play them, well I want to make a gui open up and run this. Well I can make it open up thats the ez part but heres the harder part. Everyone who plays a STEAM game the directory is different on a per user to user basic b/c the directorys change based on your username how do I make it so they can click a button and bring a browse dialog let them browse to the directory than set that path into a variable so it can be inserted into a cmd line run string.

O_o If there is no way to do that above than how would you make it so you can just get the file path of where the au3 or compiled autoit script is located. Ill just have them drop the file in the correct directory and have it run that way. Either situation works what ever is easier.

Dont get after me about searching because i alrdy have and nothing seems to help.

Well ill start by explaining hte situation, im not sure how many of you play counter-strike but that is what this is about, Im trying to create a gui for a program called regen which basicly creates resource lists for the maps so you can play them, well I want to make a gui open up and run this. Well I can make it open up thats the ez part but heres the harder part. Everyone who plays a STEAM game the directory is different on a per user to user basic b/c the directorys change based on your username how do I make it so they can click a button and bring a browse dialog let them browse to the directory than set that path into a variable so it can be inserted into a cmd line run string.

O_o If there is no way to do that above than how would you make it so you can just get the file path of where the au3 or compiled autoit script is located. Ill just have them drop the file in the correct directory and have it run that way. Either situation works what ever is easier.

You should use the FileSelectFolder command, for example in

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$steamdir = FileSelectFolder("Select your STEAM folder", ""); Let's the user select the correct folder
If @error <> 1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Installed in this folder:", $steamdir); Just to show how the directory name is stored
EndIf

Regards

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~