Processwaitclose

Hi,

a few days ago ProcessWaitClose stopped functioning. The process is being recognized by ProcessExists, but can't be stopped neither by name nor PID syntax.

I thougt this might be related to the process itself, but a small test with notepad.exe showed the same behaviour.

I have no idea how to solve that. Perhaps someone out there has some advice for me. Many thanks in advance.

mumdigau

• Moderators

Hi,

a few days ago ProcessWaitClose stopped functioning. The process is being recognized by ProcessExists, but can't be stopped neither by name nor PID syntax.

I thougt this might be related to the process itself, but a small test with notepad.exe showed the same behaviour.

I have no idea how to solve that. Perhaps someone out there has some advice for me. Many thanks in advance.

mumdigau

Are you saying that you are trying to use ProcessWaitClose() to close a process?

...a few days ago ProcessWaitClose stopped functioning. The process is being recognized by ProcessExists, but can't be stopped neither by name nor PID syntax...

ProcessWaitClose() isn't supposed to close the process, it's supposed to wait for it to close. Use ProcessClose() for that purpose.

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

Quick help. Many thanks.

Indeed, I used ProcessWaitClose to close the process and wait until it's gone. Thought its behaviour is similar to RunWait. When I add ProcessClose just before ProcessWaitClose, the script is functioning again.

Still wondering why the script was functioning before without ProcessClose.

mumdugau

• Developers

Quick help. Many thanks.

Indeed, I used ProcessWaitClose to close the process and wait until it's gone. Thought its behaviour is similar to RunWait. When I add ProcessClose just before ProcessWaitClose, the script is functioning again.

Still wondering why the script was functioning before without ProcessClose.

mumdugau

ProcessClose() will kill the process... are you sure thats what you want ?

Normally you would want to wait till the program you start ends in a normal fashion....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)