Ie.au3 T2.0 Helpfile

DaleHohm

This post contains the custom helpfile for the T2.0 IE.au3 Internet Explorer Automation Library (see this thread)

Now updated for IE T2.0-1 !

Documentation: IE_T2_rev_2.zip

A very big thank-you to big_daddy (and to JdeB) for pulling this together and getting it built to the AutoIt standard!

We will keep this base note up to date with the most recent build of the documentation. Please use this thread to make comments, suggestions etc. It is not complete yet and hopefully will evolve quickly to make it more useful.

How can you help?

• offer examples for inclusion with the specific functions -- some are there, but your feedback is welcome
  • I would like to add pointers to specific pages at MSDN for each function so that folks can investigate the additional properties and methods available for each object. If you are versed with MSDN and want to help compile taht list it would be greatly appreciated
  • writeups of methods of digging into the DOM (e.g. the Firefox DOM Inspector or MODIv2 mouse-over DOM Inspector)
  • Look for typos, omissions and unclear explanations
  • etc . . .
Thanks and enjoy!

Dale (and again, thanks big_daddy for these docs!)

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I've been doing some testing, this is what I've found so far.

_IEPropertyGet/Set

• Resizeable should be Resizable
  • isDisabled doesn't seem to work with a browser object
RE: Resizable

Well shoot... you already called me on that once... now I see I changed the parameter spelling but not the method. It is fixed in both places and will be included next test release.

RE: isDisabled

Yep, I think this is both a technical issue and a doc issue. That property is only valid for DOM objects and not for the browser object (nor I suspect for windows or frames). I'll do an object type check before attempting these operations and we'll Return 0 and SetError to a cocsistent value indicating invalid object type for operation.

Thanks,

Dale

p.s. For others reading along, this issue was a hybrid tech/doc so it's OK, but in general try to keep doc issues in this thread and tech issues in the UDF thread

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 2 weeks later...

Documentation rev 2 now reflects IE T2.0-1 -- see basenote.

Thanks again to the continued efforts of big_daddy and JdeB

Dale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

For the function, _IEFormElementRadioSelect ( $o_object, $s_string [, $f_select = 1 [, $s_mode = "byValue" [, $f_fireEvent = 1]]] )

The third parameter $s_name is not specified...same with IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect...

-Bala

That was my fault, I forgot to update the syntax on those two functions. It is already fixed for the next release.

Thanks,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this question but, once the image is clicked on then a prompt comes up saying ok or cancel and it seems that it is waiting until the prompt is clicked on cause once I manually click it or hit enter, then mouse then moves.

#include<IE.au3>
; Set Variables
;==============================================
$pass = "putyourshere"
$email = "putyourshere"

;==============================================
; End Veriables
Dim $oIE
$Url = "www.myspace.com"

_IEAttach ($oIE)
If Not IsObj($oIE) Then
    $oIE = _IECreate ()
_IENavigate ($oIE, $Url)
EndIf

; get pointers to the login form and username and password fields
$o_form = _IEFormGetObjByIndex($oIE, 1)
$o_name = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "email")
$o_to = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "password")

; ****Login****
_IEFormElementSetValue($o_name, $email)
_IEFormElementSetValue($o_to, $pass)
Sleep(2000)
_IEFormSubmit($o_form)
; ****End loging****
Sleep(2000)

_IEClickLinkByText($oIE, "friend requests")

$o_form = _IEFormGetObjByIndex($oIE, 3)
$o_name = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "selectAll")
$o_name.click
_IEFormImageClick($o_form, "http://x.myspace.com/images/mail/approveSelected.gif")
MouseMove(460, 431)
MouseClick("left")
Edited by Mguyear

• 3 months later...

when will the docs be updated/finished?

Thanks

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]