Open With?

hi, I was wondering with autoit is there away to,(Right Click) on any file such as exe,ini,bat, anything and goto the properties and instead of browsing for the script you want it to open your program with, could I make it in the other programs column, or maybe even the recommended. I know I might of confussed people so ill upload a picture. sorry for the bad picture

Edited by Vicks
[s]Autoit[/s]

thank you, I have thought about that but, im not to sure how to do it, I have started this 3 days ago, and I don't really like messing with regwrites, they can be bad if you don't know what your doing :)

[s]Autoit[/s]

maybe

$file_name = FileGetShortName($file_name)
    Run(@ComSpec & " /c Start " & $file_name, "", @SW_HIDE)

8)

When i use this code, the problem is, my start menu did not want to hide. It still appear. Do you know why?

Can you explain what is mean every syntax in Run(@ComSpec & " /c Start " & $file_name, "", @SW_HIDE)

tq

Edited by manmoncang

hi, I was wondering with autoit is there away to,(Right Click) on any file such as exe,ini,bat, anything and goto the properties and instead of browsing for the script you want it to open your program with, could I make it in the other programs column, or maybe even the recommended. I know I might of confussed people so ill upload a picture. sorry for the bad picture

Your right I'm a bit confused :)

If you want a menu item to appear (A item called "my script") when you right click on a file, then you will have to add registry stuff. That is the M$ way. You should seach for "Context menu" or somthing similar. There are some samples in the forum.

You could aslo add a default handler for a file type. Search for +shell +command +open (or run).

Happy hunting :(

maybe

$file_name = FileGetShortName($file_name)
    Run(@ComSpec & " /c Start " & $file_name, "", @SW_HIDE)

8)

I have tryed yours but, not sure how to get this going so I add this to my script, and rename to same name as my program such as *cool*, and I get a error

$cool = FileGetShortName($cool)

Run(@ComSpec & " /c Start " & $cool, "", @SW_HIDE)

[s]Autoit[/s]

i made a script called 'right click' a while back, it is in scripts and scraps. it is a gui that will let you change file associations for the context menu of any extension on your computer. the code should show you how to do what you wish.

thanks, never got around to adding more to it. lost interest. just wrote it up because i was bored and looking for something to do.

well i want my script to open up all media files, such as .wmp , .mp3, winamp, but i don't know how to do tihs, but ill mess with your great script and find away, thanks

[s]Autoit[/s]

well i want my script to open up all media files, such as .wmp , .mp3, winamp, but i don't know how to do tihs, but ill mess with your great script and find away, thanks

there are a couple of media players if i remember correctly in the scripts and scraps forum also. you may get some ideas there.