Simple Question About Tray

hello i am sorry that i have to ask you again something...

here is my question: i have a program with a tray (the tray isn´t the problem) an if you klick right on the tray you get a menu so far everything is ok and is still working but in the menu i show a text which stands in a *.txt file but if the text changes i have to restart the program to see the new text so how is it possible (iam sure it is) to update the menu every time you klick on it .

thanks for your help :)

hello i am sorry that i have to ask you again something...

here is my question: i have a program with a tray (the tray isn´t the problem) an if you klick right on the tray you get a menu so far everything is ok and is still working but in the menu i show a text which stands in a *.txt file but if the text changes i have to restart the program to see the new text so how is it possible (iam sure it is) to update the menu every time you klick on it .

thanks for your help :)

Hi,

I think either you put a loop around it to update the text or you do it via an event.

TrayItemSetText()

Have a look at the example in the helpfile.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I did something like this very recently. I figured the best way would be to simply destroy the entire menu and rebuild it. My tray menu creation was in a function anyway, so it was simple to implement.

The trouble was in destroying the menu, the closest function I could get was TrayItemDelete(), so I put it in a for...next loop, which seems lame, but works great. There may be a better way to tear down the whole thing. I'd hope so.

Then you simply rebuild the menu, but with your new array (or whatever), and your new items will be there.

-mu