Unterminated String In File...

I get the following AutoIt error:

Unterminated string in file %Path%, line 5

BUT, the error will only pop if the script is compiled. The .au3 runs fine. What is the quickest/easiest way to find the problem string in a script that is about 3500 lines? Is there one?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Developers

I get the following AutoIt error:

Unterminated string in file %Path%, line 5

BUT, the error will only pop if the script is compiled. The .au3 runs fine. What is the quickest/easiest way to find the problem string in a script that is about 3500 lines? Is there one?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

use au3check to check your source ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

well it says LINE 5

I'm sure it's not line 5.

Line 5 is:

;** AUT2EXE settings

Under compiler directives...

Where can I find au3check?

Edit: Nevermind, I use the CompileAU3 wrapper, and that uses au3check before compiling... Any ideas?

Edited by RagnaroktA
Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Developers

I'm sure it's not line 5.

Line 5 is:

;** AUT2EXE settings

Under compiler directives...

Where can I find au3check?

Doesn't look like an AutoIt3 Error because a compiled script doesn't know the linenumber and will say line 0 ...

Au3check thread is in the developers forum..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Doesn't look like an AutoIt3 Error because a compiled script doesn't know the linenumber and will say line 0 ...

Au3check thread is in the developers forum..

That's what I was thinking, I've never seen a compiled script return anything other than line 0... So you think it's an au3check error?

• Developers

That's what I was thinking, I've never seen a compiled script return anything other than line 0... So you think it's an au3check error?

nope....

are you shelling any program ?

How does the error window look ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

nope....

are you shelling any program ?

How does the error window look ?

Posted Image

Just ran Au3Check on the file and exported it to a text file, and nothing about not closing a string. I am shelling within the program, but inside of functions, and the error pops before the splash of the program is ever shown, so it cant be erroring out on a shelled program. At least I dont think...

Edited by RagnaroktA

• Developers

Posted Image

Just ran Au3Check on the file and exported it to a text file, and nothing about not closing a string. I am shelling within the program, but inside of functions, and the error pops before the splash of the program is ever shown, so it cant be erroring out on a shelled program. At least I dont think...

This is an AutoIt3 error ... just checked the source...

Can you PM me your script so i can have a look?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

There are some other reports of this error......

Like #region -- Comment's that cause error

I PMed you a link, but the script works now...

I changed nothing at all, recompiled for the 30th time, and bam. Works like a charm. It's mocking me.

• Developers

I PMed you a link, but the script works now...

I changed nothing at all, recompiled for the 30th time, and bam. Works like a charm. It's mocking me.

Had a quick look and couldn't find an issue with either the #region or Line continuations.....

I cannot compile it because i am missing too much files.....

You didn't update the Beta version or something ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.