Recent Search List

EDIT: well i figured a way to do it using FileRead/WriteLine. only problem now is how do i read a $var into a guictrlcreatecombo? i tried GUICtrlSetDate(-1, $line1) but that didnt seem to work?

im trying to make a recent search list for a script im writing. What the script does it take the address, city, state, zip county from the user and does a tax assessor search on that address. i want a combo box or something that holds the last 5 searchs. i tried the following:

IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\history.ini", "history", "", GUICtrlRead($box) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($addr) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($city) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($state) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($zip) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($county))

it works ok but the problem is instead of adding to the list it replaces the last search when you do a new one.

any ideas?

Edited by anyday

maybe

IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\history.ini", "history", GUICtrlRead($box), GUICtrlRead($box) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($addr) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($city) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($state) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($zip) & "-" & GUICtrlRead($county))

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

IniWrite to the same key is always going to replace the last option. You have to either use IniReadSection() and find the last one and do like 'key1' / 'key2' etc... or use it in a regular txt file.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.