Replacing Code Strings By A Value, Doable?

I am currently translating a wiki using a Translation memory tool (OmegaT), a typical segment will look like this : * [[TV Card|TV Card]] - Configure a TV card

What I would like to do is create a macro to replace all strings starting with * [[ and ending with ]] - by a generated value and generate a document with the correspondance

So my work document will look like this

!100! Configure a TV card

and the correspondance document

!100! * [[TV Card|TV Card]] -

!101! *[[sound Device|Sound Device]] -

etc

Then once I am done translating do the opposite and replace the values with the corresponding strings.

I used Autoit in the past to automate some tasks but I never looked into something so advanced (for me at least)

So at this stage I'd just like to get some opinions on the doability and eventually some suggestions if you think there is a better way to do this.

The purpose of this is to get better matches from the translation memory when comparing with alreday translated text.

"!100! Configure a TV card" will be a 60% match to "!101! Configure a Sound card"

Where "*[[TV Card|TV Card]] - Configure a TV card" will only be a 37.5% match "*[[sound Device|Sound device]] - Configure a Sound card"

ok.. how many combinations..of

* [[TV Card|TV Card]] - Configure a TV card

*[[sound Device|Sound device]] - Configure a Sound card

are you dealing with?

8)

* [[TV Card|TV Card]] - once on a wiki page is actually a link.

I translated a page yesterday and there was 112 of them, there are many more pages to translate.

I'm sorry, i know i'm on the wrong topic, but about the topics about the Animatewindow...

i was wondering if anyone could teach me the commands of the user32.dll commands...

i wanted to make a script that would change my desktop wallpaper to the right one depending on the time of the day.

Thanks, CoePSX :)

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]