Function: Installfont()

OK, here is a function that will install a font that you specify...

Requirements: Autoit v3

Parimeters:

1. Path To Font File

Returns:

0 = Failure

1 = Success

2 = Font Already Exists

@error:

1 = Failure

2 = Not A Font File

-1 = Invalid Path To Fontfile

Example:

msgbox(0, "Font Manager", installfont("NEUROPOL.ttf"))

Function:

#include <file.au3>

func installfont($file)
; Font Function By Spyrorocks
dim $drive,$dir,$fname,$ext
if not fileexists($file) then
seterror(-1)
return 0
endif
$path = _PathSplit($file, $drive, $dir, $fname, $ext)
if not $path[4] = "ttf" then
if not $path[4] = "fon" then
seterror(2)
return 0
endif
endif
if fileexists(@WindowsDir & "\Fonts\" & $path[3] & $path[4]) then return 2
if filecopy($file, @WindowsDir & "\Fonts\" & $path[3] & $path[4]) = 0 then
seterror(1)
return 0
endif
return 1
endfunc

So, any comments or ideas?

nice i will probally use this alot. www.dafont.com has alot of cool fonts. I always waste time doing i by hand whenever im installing a new font to use for Photoshop. But thx for the program!!!

50% of the time, it works all the time

could be useful if you want to use a custom font in a gui, Because you can install it with this

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I looked. Where are they incorrect? I could not see. Anyways, thats nice that some people can use this :). I should now make a uninstall font function...

correction...

i confused

@error

2 = Not A Font File

and Return 2

also an install/uninstall with a gui would be a good idea

list the fonts on the computer and maybe get others from web-sites... at users option

8)

NEWHeader1.png

yes you should

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• Developers

are you sure that a simple copy will work for fonts?

I remember there have been posts before and that special dllcalls were needed to register the font.

anyways this piece of code looks wrong to me:

If Not $path[4] = "ttf" Then
        If Not $path[4] = "fon" Then
            SetError(2)
            Return 0
        EndIf
    EndIf

(Indenting code helps to make it readable)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It works perfecly fine. No dllcalls are needed. I tested it and everything. It works fine.

correction...

i confused

@error

2 = Not A Font File

and Return 2

also an install/uninstall with a gui would be a good idea

list the fonts on the computer and maybe get others from web-sites... at users option

8)

Return 2 = Font already exists

@error = 2 = The specifyed file to install as a font is not a font file.

There is a differance.

And yes, I should work on a gui browse thinggie.

EDIT:

PS- I am now working on a font libary!

Edited by spyrorocks

Make a font manager that you can just click on a font in a list press a uninstall button and it appears in another list, when you click it there you can press install and it's running again. I suggest moving the uninstalled fonts from "/fonts/" to "/fonts-/", i got this idea from Spybot Search and Destroy which does the same thing with startup programs.