My Pc Lock

I was bored and thought it would be cool to have a PC lock that doesn't look like it's locked until u try to click somtin. So here is my attempt at a PC Lock. I got a few ideas from Valuater's PC lock like the recorded entries. :)

5/8/06 Added "#compiler_plugin_funcs = CaptureScreen" to the top

5/10/06 added "Dim $Label" to stop warning and fixed a error of mine that made the script crash if you clicked the start up GUI where there isn't a control.

(Line 90 "Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP" added "And $Lock = 1" to the end of it)

5/25/06 Changed it so instead of screen shots the window is transparent. Works ALOT better now and no longer needs the plugin. (Thanks to marfdaman)

Comp_Lock.au3

Edited by Hallman

this is nice!! I think i prefer it to valuaters. Not sure

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

hi,

Good work....I am getting a variable used with declaration error...

C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\au3script\Comp_Lock.au3(89,25) : WARNING: $Label: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlSetState($Label,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\au3script\Comp_Lock.au3(125,35) : ERROR: CaptureScreen(): undefined function.

CaptureScreen("Screen.bmp")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\au3script\Comp_Lock.au3 - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

What is the captplugin.dll used for? Is a default system file or created by you...

Cheers,

RnJ

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]RnJ[/font][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Script: AutoIT v3.1.1.124 (beta)[/font][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]OS: Windows XP/2000[/font]

Hi,

i haven't used something like this before.

Can you explain where i need to put in the Password etc?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

Daniel,

If I understood your question correctly...

You need to run the script. It will give you a dialog box to set the password. Once the password is set, you can lock the screen using lock button.

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]RnJ[/font][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Script: AutoIT v3.1.1.124 (beta)[/font][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]OS: Windows XP/2000[/font]

The captplugin.dll is used to take a screen shot of the screen. The reason is to make ur computer look the same but acually be showing a GUI with the picture. Just put the file in the same folder as script and it will work :)

One more thing ... to make the input box apear to enter your password all u gotta do is click the primary mouse button anywhere on the screen. If after 10 seconds you havn't clicked again or entered the the password it rehides the password input box.

Edited by Hallman

To stop the undefined function warning on CaptureScreen put

#compiler_plugin_funcs = CaptureScreen
at the top of the screen

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

To stop the undefined function warning on CaptureScreen put

#compiler_plugin_funcs = CaptureScreen
at the top of the screen
ok ... and i'm curious what exactly does that do? You need to tell the compiler of plugins? Edited by Hallman

#Compiler_PlugIn_Funcs=Func1,Func2 ;comma separated list of PlugIn functions ;This Directive will temporary add the specified function(s) as Valid Functions to AU3Check to avoid getting "undefined function." errors when Running or Compiling scripts that use the new Plugin feature

I always get this error:

line 125 (file "c:\.....\test.au3"):

$hPlugin = PluginOpen(@scriptdir &"\captplugin.dll")

$hPlugin = ^ERROR

Error: Unknown Function name

the dll is in the same dir.

Thanks.

add

Dim $Label
to the top of your script to stop the not declared warning

edit: typo

Edited by RazerM

• 2 weeks later...

What I use for my blocker is an image of 1500x1250 oslt and set the gui's transparency to 1.

This makes it look like you can click anywhere while there's actually a window in the way.

Regards

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I use for my blocker is an image of 1500x1250 oslt and set the gui's transparency to 1.

This makes it look like you can click anywhere while there's actually a window in the way.

Regards

Well thats quite a bit better than my way .... I will add that thanks. I would have replied sooner if my internet wasn't broken from Sunday to today. It's hard to upload my scripts with a school computer :)

Hallman

Well thats quite a bit better than my way .... I will add that thanks. I would have replied sooner if my internet wasn't broken from Sunday to today. It's hard to upload my scripts with a school computer :)

Hallman

thats what VAULTER pc lockout does also.... you could have grabbed that when you were looking through the code

8)

NEWHeader1.png