Scite

Jon

• Administrators

Do you think we should create a nice NSIS installer version of scite with JdeB's lexer and tidy, just with the files that AutoIt uses. Maybe install into a seperate AutoIt related directory like Program Files\AutoIt3\Scite and associate it with "Edit". (If we are allowed/get permission obviously :D )

The work on the lexer and stuff is just great and it would be nice to be able to provide a prominent download that is perfectly setup for editing AutoIt scripts.

I can do the NSIS thing if someone lets me know which files are important. Scite seems not to use the registry, which is good as a seperate install is nice and easy.

Obviously we would have some links and recommendations for the Scite site too :huh2:

Edit: Or will the au3 stuff be include in the actual new scite releases, in which case maybe we don't need too provide a seperate one?

Edited by Jon

• Developers

Do you think we should create a nice NSIS installer version of scite with JdeB's lexer and tidy, just with the files that AutoIt uses.  Maybe install into a seperate AutoIt related directory like Program Files\AutoIt3\Scite and associate it with "Edit".  (If we are allowed/get permission obviously :huh2: )

The work on the lexer and stuff is just great and it would be nice to be able to provide a prominent download that is perfectly setup for editing AutoIt scripts.

I can do the NSIS thing if someone lets me know which files are important.  Scite seems not to use the registry, which is good as a seperate install is nice and easy. 

Obviously we would have some links and recommendations for the Scite site too :)

Edit: Or will the au3 stuff be include in the actual new scite releases, in which case maybe we don't need too provide a seperate one?

Jon, did you check the last version made available ?

Its a NSIS single install.. :D

It does already update the Edit... and changes the default to Edit in stead of compile..

It has everything in it needed for Scite and Autoit...

I am currently working on the folding code to have that working on keywords in stead of indents and also includes comment and preprocessor folding.

My intent was to explain with the next release that all changes you want to make for yourself like color sceme, font settings ed.. should be done in the SciteUser.properties file which then would enable you to just install any new release without destroying all you personal settings.....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Administrators

Jon,  did you check the last version made available ?

Its a NSIS single install.. :D

It does already update the Edit... and changes the default to Edit in stead of compile..

It has everything in it needed for Scite and Autoit...

The last install by the Scite team (1.6) or the one you did? The one I just downloaded from the official site is a zip file with no installer although it does have au3.properties so I assume the lexer is in too.

?

The thing about the official SciTE release having the lexer and API and stuff is it may fall behind a bit. I know my API and au3.properties are slightly behind on new functions and stuff added. Neil does do a pretty good job of keeping things updated, but invariably, every person you have to hand stuff off to will slow the whole process down. The latest CVS had JdeB's latest lexer before I got him started on the whole folding stuff. Maintaining a version here is likely to be the most up-to-date in regards to the AutoIt specific stuff.

Either way, doesn't matter to me. I maintain my own files. I have stuff in place to get CVS updates from SciTE and rebuild it every day and I occasionally add any missing entries to the API/au3.properties files.

Speaking of, JdeB, while I'm thinking of it, WinActive is missing from one or both of those files (Either that or WinActivate, can't remember which off the top of my head).

Also, JdeB, what script did you use to generate the API file?

• Developers

Speaking of, JdeB, while I'm thinking of it, WinActive is missing from one or both of those files (Either that or WinActivate, can't remember which off the top of my head).

Also, JdeB, what script did you use to generate the API file?

Have updated the au3.properties & au3.api files with the extra functions of the 102 build yesterday and uploaded the new installer.

Both WinActive and WinActivate are in there...

I use the function_params.txt & keywords.txt & macros.txt files from the helpfile source and sort them in a editor to create the au3.api at this moment ..

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Do you think we should create a nice NSIS installer version of SciTe with JdeB's lexer and tidy, just with the files that AutoIt uses.  Maybe install into a seperate AutoIt related directory like Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe and associate it with "Edit".  (If we are allowed/get permission obviously :D )

Like that idea, most of the items you mention are already in the current install set.

Not sure if we need Neils permission since there is not official install set, just a zip file with all required file in it, but it would be nice to mention it to him. You might even get a link on his SciTeDownload.html webpage under the Windows Installers section.

We could also comment out most of the Other languages config files since most people dont use them and are just confusing.

Edit: Or will the au3 stuff be include in the actual new SciTe releases, in which case maybe we don't need too provide a separate one?

I am sending regular updates to Neil, but they are always outdated with all changes happening.

Our own installer would make it easier for starters to install SciTe and start working with it right away.

What about also including a starters guide for AutoIt3 with SciTe? (could even be a page included in the helpfile explaining the basics and URL where to get it.)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.