Trying To Open Notepads Open Dialogbox! With No Succes

Trying without succes to Run notepad and send ctrl+O to open the dialogbox open in notepad,

Couldent get any Control ID so iam lost here as how could i do this in the correct manner?

Run("Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitle - Notepad", "","(CTRL+O)")

No matter what ive tried i cant get it to open, i know am still a noob

• Moderators

Well you've misspelled Untitled - Notepad for 1, you have the wrong number of parameters for 2, try this:

Run("Notepad.exe")
WinWait('Untitled - Notepad')
WinMenuSelectItem('Untitled - ', '', '&File', '&Open...' )

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Holly was it that easy, well not for me,but for you,

Thanks yet again SmOke_N

I really got to prectice allot more,

its mostly the combining scripts that one has not used that is the hardest part to get a hang of,

but ones used, then its easier to come up with a combination of another working script.

, i gues i need to be more openminded in the future, satt 2 hours with this and you posted it in a few minutes,

:)

• Moderators

Holly was it that easy, well not for me,but for you,

Thanks yet again SmOke_N

I really got to prectice allot more,

its mostly the combining scripts that one has not used that is the hardest part to get a hang of,

but ones used, then its easier to come up with a combination of another working script.

, i gues i need to be more openminded in the future, satt 2 hours with this and you posted it in a few minutes,

I would suggest using SciTe, it would have told you you had the wrong parameters :(.

Edit:

Also when using Window names consistently, you might just put that window name in a Global var:

Global $NotePad = 'Untitled - Notepad'
Run("Notepad.exe")
WinWait($NotePad)
WinMenuSelectItem($NotePad, '', '&File', '&Open...' )
That way you only have to pay special attention to your spelling one time. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Thanks for the tip SmOke_N , il do that

, Scite i used it sometimes but for doing some lua scripting, but havent used it more than a few times for au3.

Keeping up with the new definitions, Jdeb does a great job, not using SciTe with an .au3 script is like eating a PeanutButter and Jelly sandwich without the Jelly.

Also, after looking at what you were doing, and alternative to think about may be:

$FileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog('Open a Text File', @ScriptDir, 'Text Files (*.txt)')
Run('Notepad.exe ' & $FileOpenDialog)

Well your probably right, since you have been doing this much longer then me , am sure you know what your talking about,

well actualy what am trying to do it not actually not just open the notepad open dialog,

i had an idea, when i managed to work out the other script with the clipboard, that creating a script that copys the selected text from the clipboard and witch inturns writes a au3 file and closes it and opens autoIt compiler and sends open file to compile and then saves it to a location and compiles it, in a single script iam trying to do all this, with the autoit compiler window hiden , so that it compiles the script silently for a user,

• Moderators

Well your probably right, since you have been doing this much longer then me , am sure you know what your talking about,

well actualy what am trying to do it not actually not just open the notepad open dialog,

i had an idea, when i managed to work out the other script with the clipboard, that creating a script that copys the selected text from the clipboard and witch inturns writes a au3 file and closes it and opens autoIt compiler and sends open file to compile and then saves it to a location and compiles it, in a single script iam trying to do all this, with the autoit compiler window hiden , so that it compiles the script silently for a user,

Here, try this:
$File2Create = @ScriptDir & '\ClipGet.au3'

If Not _CreateCompileAU3($File2Create, ClipGet()) Then
    If @error = 1 Then 
        MsgBox(64, 'Error', 'File ' & StringTrimRight($File2Create, 3) & '.exe was not created!')
    ElseIf @error = 2 Then
        MsgBox(64, 'Error', 'Most scripts now require Beta, lets make sure we do not throw any errors and download it now')
    EndIf
EndIf

Func _CreateCompileAU3($h_FilePath, $v_Info); $h_FilePath = .au3 to convert to and write, $v_info can be whatever you want to write to the .au3 (ClipGet() or whatever)
    Local $h_CreateEraseFile = FileOpen($h_FilePath, 10), $h_OutPath = StringTrimRight($h_FilePath, 3) & '.exe'
    FileWrite($h_CreateEraseFile, $v_Info)
    FileClose($h_CreateEraseFile)

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\Beta\Aut2EXE\Aut2EXE.exe') Then
        RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\Beta\Aut2EXE\Aut2EXE.exe /in "' & $h_FilePath & '" /out "' & $h_OutPath & '" /pass "A"')
        If Not FileExists($h_OutPath) Then
            SetError(1)
            Return 0
        EndIf
        Return 1
    Else
        SetError(2)
        Return 0
    EndIf
EndFunc
It's thrown together, and I only tested it once, could probably use another error check for FileOpen()

Il try it out,

i was currently working on this and i, saw your post

WinWait('Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter')
ControlClick("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter", "", 'Button2')
Send("Helloa.au3")
ControlClick("Open", "", 'Button2')
ControlClick("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter", "", 'Button3')
ControlClick("Save As", "", 'ToolbarWindow322')
Send("Helloa.au3")
ControlClick("Save As", "", 'Button2')
ControlClick("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter", "", 'Button9')
ControlClick("Aut2Exe", "", 'Button1')
WinMenuSelectItem('Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter', '', '&File', '&Exit' )

this is one of the part i was working on

:) Its working to great its way better then my version of the script,

, thats it, thats how i wanted it to work, and you did it,

Well, what can i say, more than a Big thanks for the help,script.

Edited by Autoxics

Ive tried out your script Encode It , witch is really great for protecting the scripts,

i just thouth id give you a tip back as a thanks for helping me, why not create a script that takes care of the encode It and the Compiling with au3 in the same process,

• Moderators

Ive tried out your script Encode It , witch is really great for protecting the scripts,

i just thouth id give you a tip back as a thanks for helping me, why not create a script that takes care of the encode It and the Compiling with au3 in the same process,

I could add the option I guess, I already have something similar to what I gave you in it.