Control + Alt + Delete

Guest facehugger

Guest facehugger

Hi,

Anyone knows how to send a Control + alt + delete ?

I'm running a autoit script every 6 hours on a pc, but

this pc will be locked after 10 minutes of inactivity.

So I need to press Ctrl + alt + del and provide a password to logon

first and then do my stuff in the aut script.

Tnx

AutoIt cannot simulate that key combination since it is reserved by windows.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Guest facehugger

The only way to work in a blocked machine is using Control commands.

And how do I do that ?

:D

I just happened to have this page of the helpfile open...

Controls

One of the best new features with AutoIt v3 is the ability to work directly with certain types of Window Controls.  Almost everything you see on a window is a control of some kind: buttons, listboxes, edit fields, static text are all controls.  In fact Notepad is just one big "Edit" control!  Because AutoIt works directly with a control they provide a more reliable way to automate than to just sending keystrokes.

Note: AutoIt only works with standard Microsoft controls - some applications write their own custom controls which may look like a standard MS control but may resist automation.

Using the AutoIt Window Spy you can move your mouse around the window you are interested in and you will be given information of the control that is currently under your mouse.  Information on controls is given as a "classnameNN" which gives the internal classname of the control followed by an instance number.  If you have a simple dialog with a few buttons on it they will generally be referred to as "Button1", "Button2", "Button3", etc. 

Use the Window Spy to look at the controls on the AutoIt compiler to get the idea - it contains "Button" "Static" and "Edit" controls and is a good application to practice on.

You will also notice that the Window Spy gives you the text it can see on a control, for example on a Next button you might see the text &Next - the & indicates that the next letter is underlined and is common when working with menus and controls.  You can use this text to identify a control in place of the "classnameNN" if you like - however if many controls have the same text you will run into problems.

Look under the contents for Function Reference \Window Management \ Controls for a list of the functions that work with controls.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)