Using Ie.au3

Hi Dale and Others,

I am having a problem attaching (_IEAttach()) to the windowlets in a webpage.

My webpage consists of a main page inside which there are different windowlets.

Windowlets are seperate jsp pages...and are part of a custom framework.

Now my problem is whenever i create and navigate to my webpage using IEcreate and IENavigate...i am getting an object of the outer HTML page only and not able to hook on to the inner windowlets..

I have tried IEAttach with url and embedded options for the windowlets but to no use.

How to access the objects of the windowlets?

Kindly someone help me in this regard.

-Bala

Are the windolets frames from other sites, and they are just have some javascript on the page or is it all in javascript and not even frames, cuz if its all javascript whatever your trying to do idk if its going to work

Actually the windowlets are part of the same portal. These windowlets are not the actual frames in html.

They are part of a custom framework and are presented in the main page.

Am i clear or just confusing everyone with my confusion? i dont know how else to describe the problem as i cant post the link or page template as they are official.

Actually the windowlets are part of the same portal. These windowlets are not the actual frames in html.

They are part of a custom framework and are presented in the main page.

Am i clear or just confusing everyone with my confusion? i dont know how else to describe the problem as i cant post the link or page template as they are official.

JSP, ASP, ASPX, PHP, CGI, Ruby... it doesn't really matter. The output needs to render standard HTML or the standard browser cannot display it. Frameworks usually create an abstrction layer above HTML to work with the code-level, but still create HTML in the end.

Try examining the page source with View Source (or if it is dynamically created you may need to use _IEDocReadHTML to see it).

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Try examining the page source with View Source (or if it is dynamically created you may need to use _IEDocReadHTML to see it).

Thank you very much for looking into my problem...

I am able to view the source of the windowlets but how to get the object of that windowlet.

i create and navigate like:

$oIE = _IECreate()

_IENavigate ($oIE, $url)

After the page gets loaded with main html page and windowlets...

The $oIE object is refereing to the main html page only...

I am not able to attach to the other HTML pages (Windowlets) inside main one.

I can view the HTML source of all the windowlets though.

_IEDocReadHTML($oIE) gives the source for the main page only...and not the windowlets...

What to do?

Windowlets as i have mentioned earlier are separate jsp pages...

If i directly navigate to the urls of the windowlets using IEnavigate then i am able to attach myself to the page using 'url' method in IEAttach. But i need to automate it as a portal and not as separate pages...

Kindly help.

-Bala

Bala,

Internet Explorer using the standard MSHTML and DOM object model know nothing avout anything called a "Windowlet". I Googled "jsp windowlet" and found nothing either.

I cannot help you with the information you have provided. If you provide the main page source it may give some clues.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Bala,

Internet Explorer using the standard MSHTML and DOM object model know nothing avout anything called a "Windowlet". I Googled "jsp windowlet" and found nothing either.

I cannot help you with the information you have provided. If you provide the main page source it may give some clues.

Dale

i was thinking that they meant either pop ups, or frames... question... if an object is given a name (as pop ups generally are) could you just grab the object by name, as the browser object should then recognize the name?

i was thinking that they meant either pop ups, or frames... question... if an object is given a name (as pop ups generally are) could you just grab the object by name, as the browser object should then recognize the name?

I don't see any reason to try and guess. I presume that if he really wants help he'll come back with the requested information -- then I'll be happy to take it further.

Dale