Ie.au3 Error

I downloaded the lastest version of IE.au3, and now I am getting errors when I run a script that used to work with the old IE.au3.

Errors:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3(2435,53) : ERROR: SetError() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3(2448,39) : ERROR: SetError() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3(2534,55) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

Local $sCurrentErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Looks like Au3Check with Beta defintions used, as ObjEvent is recognized. I would guess that the latest Au3Check with latest definitions is NOT being used. Cannot tell with the limited output as shown to be sure.

Edited by MHz

• Developers

I have been for the past 6 months.

Do I need to download another version?

Are you using the latest version of AutoIt3 Beta and SciTE4AutoIt3 ?

The answer is in the question... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I downloaded the lastest version of IE.au3, and now I am getting errors when I run a script that used to work with the old IE.au3.

Errors:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3(2435,53) : ERROR: SetError() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3(2448,39) : ERROR: SetError() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3(2534,55) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Those look like AU3Check errors rather than run-time errors. AU3Check is distributed with SciTe, so you may want to insure you have upgraded SciTe in addition to the AutoIt beta. AU3Check's parser rules get updated as significant changes are made to AutoIt and the number of accepted parameters to SetError was changed in a relatively recent beta.

I did not use ObjEvent in the previous version of IE.au3 so you would not have seen taht error... again, I recall AU3Check being enhanced to understand that a single parameter was acceptable for ObjEvent.

I appreciate you including the error messages, but if you had backed up and included ALL of the output it would have been clear where these errors were comming from.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Here is the full error that I am getting in sciTE:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\xxxxxxxxxxxxx.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

C:\CMR_UPS\UPS_NPOD\claim_status_check.au3 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).

>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.243

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\xxxxxxxxxx.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

C:\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.au3 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).

Definitely download the latest Au3Check/editor as needed. :)

Edit:

Thanks. The latest Scite4AutoIt3 should show a version number for Au3Check with the output that yours does not show.

Edited by MHz

• Developers

Here is the full error that I am getting in sciTE:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\xxxxxxxxxxxxx.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

Look at my previous answer.... I am sure that will solve it...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Boy, I guess we're all over this one :)

I wrote 3 more sentences than everyone else and came in last!

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Developers

Boy, I guess we're all over this one :)

I wrote 3 more sentences than everyone else and came in last!

Dale

Guess we are all kind of getting tired with this question ...

It has been asked soooooo often lately ...

sorry NSearch for picking on you for this one, but I am 100% sure you haven't even tried to look for the answer....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@NSearch, No problems.

To comment, I think it stands to good reason to have the latest of everything to run without problems, that you run the latest.

@Dale, lol, you did try to explain in more detail though :)

I have downloaded the new sciTE and the new beta, but I am getting the following error:

I believe it is erroring on _IELoadWait($oIE)

Thanks for your help.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\XXXXXX.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\au3check\

+>AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.1.1.122):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\XXXXXXXXXX.au3"

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (619) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Until ($oTemp.document.readyState = "complete" Or $oTemp.document.readyState = 4)

Until ($oTemp.document^ ERROR

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 34.166

I have downloaded the new sciTE and the new beta, but I am getting the following error:

Thanks for your help.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\XXXXXX.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running:(3.1.1.122):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\XXXXXXXXXX.au3"

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (619) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Until ($oTemp.document.readyState = "complete" Or $oTemp.document.readyState = 4)

_IELoadWait has been rewritten in the new version to address just this issue (an inconsistent timing issue). It is trying to check the readystate of the document before the browser has completed instatiation of it.

If you can, upgrade to the new test version. If you can't, set the $f_wait parameter in your function call to 0 and then call _IELoadWait on your own and pass a $i_delay to it to work around the issue.

Dale

• Developers

Thanks for your help.

This doesn't look like the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 ....

Did you download the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer ? (Au3Check should show a version number when running beta)

EDIT: not a resolution for the issue.. just an observation..

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

JdeB,

It has changed from CompileAu3 to AutoIt3Wrapper in the output. You do have an Else statement in your AutoIt3Wrapper source that can use the old logic with Au3Check if it is not found in the AutoIt3 Dir or Beta Dir as needed?

Where is the test version?

I am trying _IELoadWait($oIE,0,0)

and still getting the same error.

Thanks for your help.

Do you have any older version of IE.au3 you could post?

Edited by NSearch