New Excel.au3

i have begun writing a new excel udf, and hope to have a prototype done by the end of the week. if you have any specific requests for features, or things that you've been unable to accomplish with randall's awesome udf, please let me know so that i can add as much functionality as you'd like. unfortunately things like 'just make it so i can do everything that excel can do' just aren't specific enough. let me know what YOU want to do, and requests that i see most frequently (from different people, not just reposts by one person) will of course receive priority for implementation.

• Moderators

i have begun writing a new excel udf, and hope to have a prototype done by the end of the week. if you have any specific requests for features, or things that you've been unable to accomplish with randall's awesome udf, please let me know so that i can add as much functionality as you'd like. unfortunately things like 'just make it so i can do everything that excel can do' just aren't specific enough. let me know what YOU want to do, and requests that i see most frequently (from different people, not just reposts by one person) will of course receive priority for implementation.

What's excel?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

are you being serious? microsoft office app? spreadsheets, workbooks, etc? in your line of work i can't believe you'd even ask that...

That was a joke... :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

As far as new functionality over the current ExcelCOM UDF, I dont have any suggestions. However if you can find ways to do the current functions in a more effecient or stable way then I think it would be a welcome addition. Randall himself has said that the UDF could use a rewrite.

His ExcelCOM UDF has some pretty cool stuff in it that you could use as a base or port over to your new script.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

As far as new functionality over the current ExcelCOM UDF, I dont have any suggestions. However if you can find ways to do the current functions in a more effecient or stable way then I think it would be a welcome addition. Randall himself has said that the UDF could use a rewrite.

His ExcelCOM UDF has some pretty cool stuff in it that you could use as a base or port over to your new script.

yes, initially i was just going to go from his at first, but in looking at it, it seemed alot more confused than it needed to be (not knocking him, i've recommended his to many people), and i couldn't find time at work to try to figure out what exactly his stuff was all doing... i am very comfortable with the office application object models, and use them quite often, in vba and in autoit, and i have never been very good at picking up where someone else left off. so i figured i'd just start over from scratch, actually exchanged pm's with him on it a little while back and he said he thought it might be a better idea to start from scratch too... i will definitely try to make sure mine has everything his does when it's all said and done, but i'm going to make sure it does everything I use it for also, and hopefully anything anyone else needs it to do.

Hi,

Yes, I am pleased someone is prepared to put in the effort; I was only learning AutoIt at the time I started, and had not given appropriate error checking or modules etc.

I tried to kludge [i just kept trying to anticipate and get around errors, never reporting them back], and people kept wanting extra bits!

[i also tried the Com error checking, but that is too hard to incorporate in a UDF, I believe (for me, anyway!), if the basic script is already using the same]

Best, Randall

Edited by randallc