Layering Controls In Gui

is there a way to arrange the layering of controls in an autoit gui like putting buttons on top of a picture? when i define (guisetcontrol) a pic before defining buttons, the pic remains on top and the buttons are not clickable or even visible. but when i define the picture last, the buttons and other controls appear only when you mouse over or click them.

btw, the gui capability really rocks.

many thanks.

is there a way to arrange the layering of controls in an autoit gui like putting buttons on top of a picture? when i define (guisetcontrol) a pic before defining buttons, the pic remains on top and the buttons are not clickable or even visible. but when i define the picture last, the buttons and other controls appear only when you mouse over or click them.

I do this in AutoBuilder without any problems.

The background pic is defined before any user controls; I do not remember having to do anything special except for tab controls... :D I wonder if the size of the pic makes a difference

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

CS, is there any way for the picture to ever (Under normal circumstances) get focus?  Because if it can, it'll come to the top and hide the other controls...

Ah, good point. It is best to avoid overlapping controls as Valik has mentioned in other threads.
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

CS, is there any way for the picture to ever (Under normal circumstances) get focus?  Because if it can, it'll come to the top and hide the other controls...

It is true that pic/tab have a special handling. I don't remember why but I need to put it on TOPMOST to have correct rendering. :D

If possible no overlap or create the controls in a suitable order.

CS, I did notice you use a background bitmap on your form window. Will try to dabble a little in it.

I love AutoBuilder ! One thing though: when opening an abf dump file by dragging it onto main.exe, I get an error that says $currenttabref is not declared. I seem to get this error when opening a file that does not have a tab. Tabbed guis open ok.

Thanks for the help, guys.

EDIT: Oops, I may need to post this on the AutoBuilder thread? Thanks

Edited by kalayaan

I love AutoBuilder !  One thing though: when opening an abf dump file by dragging it onto main.exe, I get an error that says $currenttabref is not declared. I seem to get this error when opening a file that does not have a tab. Tabbed guis open ok.

:D This is why I need bug reports. I haven't used AutoBuilder much except testing it as I go along. Apparently I broke a few things when I added the tab support...

Thanks for letting me know.