Combo Issues With Windows2000

Hi,

I have made a GUI that has a combo list. I am trying to use the dropdown list of the combo to put the history of filenames that the user puts in the combo control. Thanks to the help on this forum, I learned about the "_GUICtrlComboGetList" function and I got my history working great on WindowsXP.

However, when I try to run my same program in Windows 2000 the "history" is empty. That is, there are no items in the combo control list. So I'd like to know if there are any known issues or differeences with Combo boxes in Windows 2000 vs XP. I am using GuiCtrlSetData to update the items in the combo list.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Angel

Hi,

I have made a GUI that has a combo list. I am trying to use the dropdown list of the combo to put the history of filenames that the user puts in the combo control. Thanks to the help on this forum, I learned about the "_GUICtrlComboGetList" function and I got my history working great on WindowsXP.

However, when I try to run my same program in Windows 2000 the "history" is empty. That is, there are no items in the combo control list. So I'd like to know if there are any known issues or differeences with Combo boxes in Windows 2000 vs XP. I am using GuiCtrlSetData to update the items in the combo list.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Angel

I don't know if that specific symptom is because of Windows 2000, but there was an issue with the combo drop-down list not working correctly unless the height was set to at least 100 pixels to start with.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 1 month later...

WinXP ignores (kinda) and adjusts your combo height. Win2k is as big as you tell it to be... 20 pixels will show no data... it is there, just the combo is not big enough to show any of it.

Lar.

Thanks a lot guys, that made the trick! I did not see that info on the help file! It is there, but it is hardly noticeable (I wish it was in bold red letters! :D )

Thanks!

Angel

P.S.- Sorry for the late answer (long vacation!)