Silent Autoit Script Installs

Yes, you will have to use controlsend, controlclick, etc. Also make sure you run everything in @sw_hide mode, or run it remotely.

Controls work well anytime you don't want the window itself to have focus. Not all programs and installs will work this way, but most instalation programs will, and it is one of the most reliable ways to use autoit.

...edit first set up the script to do the install normally with only control functions, then when satisfied, start the instals with the @sw_hide option, and make sure they all still complete. Last thing would be to turn the hide icon in autoit on. (it will still display for .5 sec.)

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Now if I want this to work while the computer is sitting at the login screen (the CNTRL +ALT + DEL screen) I can not use winwait right? because it will not see the window? will the control commands wait for the windows...or what do I need to do?

Looks like you are understanding it. Control functions can send to hidden windows, and click hidden buttons. The window would be open, but you can't see it, and thus Control commands work better.

check out PStools at www.sysinternals.com

With the right access you might be able do it all remotely.

PS. its FREE.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

So is there anyway to have an auto script work while a computer is at a logon screen?

You can run programs with Scheduled Tasks in Windows, at startup.

But I don't think installations would always work.

At the logon screen only the registry hive key LOCAL_MACHINE is loaded,

and sometimes installations want to write something to the current user registry hive.

And because explore.exe isn't loaded, the installation is not able to create shortcuts or check files.

This is my theory. If someone can prove me wrong, post it.

What I am basically trying to do, is use the ghost client to install programs... I do not like AI Builder.....therefore... I want to do silent installs with AUTOIT...just not sure the ability to do that.

I want to install invisibly so that if the computer is at a logon screen....the program will still install.... jsut like installing a service pack silently.

Edited by firman