Dll Info

Seeing how much can be done by using dll's, I'd like to learn more about them, where to find them and how to implement them, meaning where I can read what they do and how to put it into a script. Any info or directions are welcome.

Regards

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7072

Has some good DLL call information as well.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I have another question: at microsoft's msdn site, and there I found the following:

AnimateWindow Function

The AnimateWindow function enables you to produce special effects when showing or hiding windows. There are four types of animation: roll, slide, collapse or expand, and alpha-blended fade.

Syntax

BOOL AnimateWindow(

HWND hwnd,

DWORD dwTime,

DWORD dwFlags

);

Parameters

hwnd

[in]Handle to the window to animate. The calling thread must own this window.

dwTime

[in] Specifies how long it takes to play the animation, in milliseconds. Typically, an animation takes 200 milliseconds to play.

dwFlags

[in] Specifies the type of animation. This parameter can be one or more of the following values. Note that, by default, these flags take effect when showing a window. To take effect when hiding a window, use AW_HIDE and a logical OR operator with the appropriate flags.

AW_SLIDE

Uses slide animation. By default, roll animation is used. This flag is ignored when used with AW_CENTER.

AW_ACTIVATE

Activates the window. Do not use this value with AW_HIDE.

AW_BLEND

Uses a fade effect. This flag can be used only if hwnd is a top-level window.

AW_HIDE

Hides the window. By default, the window is shown.

AW_CENTER

Makes the window appear to collapse inward if AW_HIDE is used or expand outward if the AW_HIDE is not used. The various direction flags have no effect.

AW_HOR_POSITIVE

Animates the window from left to right. This flag can be used with roll or slide animation. It is ignored when used with AW_CENTER or AW_BLEND.

AW_HOR_NEGATIVE

Animates the window from right to left. This flag can be used with roll or slide animation. It is ignored when used with AW_CENTER or AW_BLEND.

AW_VER_POSITIVE

Animates the window from top to bottom. This flag can be used with roll or slide animation. It is ignored when used with AW_CENTER or AW_BLEND.

AW_VER_NEGATIVE

Animates the window from bottom to top. This flag can be used with roll or slide animation. It is ignored when used with AW_CENTER or AW_BLEND.

I still don't understand how to correctly define the parameters, if I would eg. like to "blend" a screen away,

this is what I do now (without effect):

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $songinfo, "int", 500, "str", "AW_BLEND")

Can someone please give me some hints towards this?!

Regards

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aw_blend is a defined variable in Cpp. not a string.

So, how would I tell windows to blend my window? Still don't get it.

Ok final question then:

Global Const $AW_FADE_IN = 0x00080000;fade-in

How do you know what these values (0x00080000) are? I mean, I'm planning on using more dll functions, and they're sure to use such values as well. Is there any place where they're all listed or something?

Regards (and tnx for the fast replies)

i use google mostly.

but AW_FADE_IN for ex. is not findable.

for this you need to have a header file.

most C++ compilers/IDE's come with these.

Well tnx for your trouble