WinGetTitle("last")

Hi Gang,

From what I can see using both the current non-beta release and 3.1.123, I'm unable to use WiNGetTitle("last") when the title of the window has changed since I first identified it. I assume this is architecturally, because the "last" window isn't being tracked by the window's actual handle, but rather by a combination of Title/Text, the latter of course being more volitaile and error prone. Please take a look at the attached code. Also I can't figure out why it's not detecting the Title of the window when I track it via a handle. Am I referencing the handle incorrectly?

$Title_Handle = WinGetTitle($Win_Handle)

To run my script/program extract them to the same folder and execute. If you don't trust my VB6.exe, feel free to compile the source or just write your own application that changes it's title from "Original Title" to "New Title" after 5 seconds of visibility and give it the same name.

AutoIt Script and VB6 Test Application

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn

Christian Blackburn, A+, Network+

Dear Forum Admin,

I can't help but notice that the titles of bugs are automatically title-cased. Please try and find the setting that controls this and disable this. I originally created the title of this bug as WinGetTitle("last") which is clearly not how it wound up.

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn

Looking for my :) dom

Dear Forum Admin,

I can't help but notice that the titles of bugs are automatically title-cased. Please try and find the setting that controls this and disable this. I originally created the title of this bug as WinGetTitle("last") which is clearly not how it wound up.

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn

Looking for my :) dom

I am not sure how you did it but I never get such behavior.

I change it as you want.

Edited by jpm

Hi JPM,

Thanks for your help, I'm glad this is not a bug, but it is a little embarassing :(. Would the admin please move this bug to the not a bug folder?

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn :)

Correspondence Student of the School of Rock

Edited by Christian Blackburn